E21 needs horsepower

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ianmac

Club Guest
I have an E21, 320i. Have worked on the body & looks - but it's "all show and no go".Does anyone know how to get plenty of horses under the hood and a 5 speed gearbox on a budget?Also need a good reliable [well priced] mechanic in Sri Petaling. Have been using M-Power near Kelana Jaya, but they break the bank

wanna try a M50 engine inside a e21 ? it might fit.... that will give you 192hp's in the engine...

pussy;270016 said:
wanna try a M50 engine inside a e21 ? it might fit.... that will give you 192hp's in the engine...

Wooo!!
can fit,but have to mod a lot of things..
unless..duit is not the issue:rock:

I've been told by the German Mechanic at Kleemans that a 2.7 eta engine with a 325 head on will give 200 hp - and that just drops straight in.

ianmac;270164 said:
I've been told by the German Mechanic at Kleemans that a 2.7 eta engine with a 325 head on will give 200 hp - and that just drops straight in.

there are a lot more steps involved in that engine combo, and it will not produce 200bhp straight by just adding the 325 head.

better you throw in a m20b25 halfcut...try to find one with a manual transmission. you get about 220nm of torque...which you can have a lot of fun with....also the e21 is a light car which can be a bonus. also you would need to spend some money on the suspension setup. go and look for some good shocks and springs. dont forget good tyres.

nice one mate - already have bilsteins at each corner and discs all round are on the way. Will end up putting 245/255s and lsd to get the back to stick and am toying with the idea of just welding on some iron to give it a bit more weight at the rear.

5 speed is sourced as are the engine components: 2.7 con rods, 325 head and I already have a nice big injection system. I've finally found a great mechanic (Sri Kembangan) who will rebuild the engine unit. In crease the air intake, build a heat shield and all that jazz. Think I'll have 200hp, without adding all that extra weight at the front. Torque wont be as good as the 24v, but as you rightly point out - the car weighs about as much as a fart, so should be good enough.

ianmac;271640 said:
nice one mate - already have bilsteins at each corner and discs all round are on the way. Will end up putting 245/255s and lsd to get the back to stick and am toying with the idea of just welding on some iron to give it a bit more weight at the rear.

5 speed is sourced as are the engine components: 2.7 con rods, 325 head and I already have a nice big injection system. I've finally found a great mechanic (Sri Kembangan) who will rebuild the engine unit. In crease the air intake, build a heat shield and all that jazz. Think I'll have 200hp, without adding all that extra weight at the front. Torque wont be as good as the 24v, but as you rightly point out - the car weighs about as much as a fart, so should be good enough.

when you do complete this conversion send me some dyno charts.

are you skeptical? Would you like to bet? 200 hp at the crank is where my money's going? Are you in?

i am asking because no one here has done a dyno and shared the info....it would be interesting to see the results...as i have also researched this conversion before. tell me exactly what parts you are using for this conversion from A-Z. Then i might consider a small wager for fun. who is your mechanic?? raymond from zeurosense?

Top Bottom