e12 520

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tongsatriani

Club Guest
Hi,My friend about to purchase an e12 1980 520. The engine was changed to a same one 4 years ago, running on Webber caburator & it's road worthy.Asking RM4000....how? :unsure:

Originally posted by nikazwaa@Apr 24 2006, 01:49 PM
Why not look for an E28 with a slightly higher price tag?
No la..he got this offer by chance...friend selling to friend...4k only mah!

bodyworks of the car is important....must check for rust....i can reccomend someone to clean up the rust for him if he is getting the car....

Originally posted by tongsatriani@Apr 24 2006, 12:46 AM
Hi,

My friend about to purchase an e12 1980 520. The engine was changed to a same one 4 years ago, running on Webber caburator & it's road worthy.

Asking RM4000....how? :unsure:
Check the BODY rusts , steering, absorber, steering system, seats, gearbox, ability to drive to say 100/110/120/130 km/h, able to corner hard, pour water and find leaks, windows, suspension system, aircond etc etc... If not, see how much $$ and time are u willing to spend? Are u DIY person? Do u have trusted mechanics?

u must have passion to own the car... best if u can get another e12 owners to share your passion and how to do up the car...

Some olderbimmer owners are here:
Malaysian olderbimmer yahoogroups

THe price is quite good, if u don't want, i might be interested for RM3K, say?

Good luck and kudos in advance...

rahman

I suppose one can't go wrong with RM4k (I think these days RM4k can only get you a late model Proton Tiara and that car is nowhere near the E12). Certainly repairs would be needed given the car's age, but the E12 is a classic and in my humble opinion looks better than the E28.

Originally posted by wglee@Apr 28 2006, 10:58 PM
I suppose one can't go wrong with RM4k (I think these days RM4k can only get you a late model Proton Tiara and that car is nowhere near the E12). Certainly repairs would be needed given the car's age, but the E12 is a classic and in my humble opinion looks better than the E28.
Salute! :eek:k:

Top Bottom