DSC Failure

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

capkel

Club Guest
I have posted this topic before but no response so, I guess I must be the first one to have had this problem.Anyway, my ASC/ABS and Brake light was coming on intermitently for a while and then one day the didn't go off anymore. GT1 says internal controller failure. Tried a used one, wshop unable to reprogram it. Says, once used cannot be reprogram? (still a bit skeptical about that)Got a brand new unit, initially same problem, Unable to reprogram! After a while a more experienced engineer managed to program it. Apparently you need a special code to do that. That's why I said I am a bit skeptical in my last paragraph. All well and done? NO... Took it for a test drive. Damn the left rear wheel locks up at normal braking. Back to the workshop. Spent 3 days changing every part there is to change but still no joy. Finally they nailed it down to a couple of wires chaffing in the harness. Fixed it and everything is back in business now.Damage RM4600 plus 5 days of trouble shooting!

yo dude,

sorry to hear that.... i had some intermittent lights come on and off before but not the DSC. this was fixed by checking/cleaning the sensors.

anyways would appreciate if the committee moves this thread to an appropriate location for future reference by other forumers.....

You should return all the new parts installed which actually not the cause of the problems. Yes, return and refund, not your faults.

Paying RM4600 for a wiring job is just 2 rediculous. If your mechainic is charging you "learn on the job", you better off go else where.

No no, it's not RM4600 for the wiring. It's RM4200 for the controller and the rest for labour, wiring and troubleshooting. All parts used for troubleshooting that did not solve the problem were returned and not charged.

btw, which workshop is this.. you should return the controller as it was clearly not the caused of the failure..

somethime, fault finding is like looking for a needle in a haystack. For an common problem, an experience foreman can pinpoint it immediate based on his experience and information from the driver of the car. other uncommon like dsc failure is an uncommon problem, hence it take time to pinpoint the cause. (but based on my experience, it is always the loose connection).

I used to pull cables whenever I am trying to trace a electrical fault. don't laugh.. it works most of the time..

put back the original, most probably still works. These things are built to last.

cap,

i used to have that problem a while back, sent it to AB they say sensor dirty, clean them, charged me 60bucks.

pyschologically, i tot so too because everytime my car is dirty
it lights up more often until i sent my car for washing.

then, i read a post from stephen@e46 saying that the cabling
were cramped by the seat being too low....

so i adjusted it just a few cm above the lowest setting and never had the problem since...

hi guys,

I'm a newbie here.. I recently encountered the same problem.. The DSC, ABS and Handbrake light (even with handbrakes down) keeps poping up on me every once in a while.. But it goes off after a restart.. Was told the ABS unit or something like that, cost rm3800, reprogram rm380.

capkel did your DSC behaved like mine¿

Have to get this solved cause whenever the light appears the car feels sluggish. Any assistance will be much appreciated, thanks guys...

Ok guys,

Manage to solve the DSC problem.. It was due to the rear right ABS sensor.. Thought you guys might want to know about this...

Top Bottom