Droning sound from the rear ...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Vanquish

Club Guest
Guys,I'm noticing a soft droning sound from the rear end of my car lately. This is more obvious more so after a hard drive. It's coming from the rear silencer area and can be heard during idling ... goes off a little once on the move. No vibrations or shakes but the damn noise is getting to me.Could there be a problem with the rear silencer box ? Or could it be something else ? Your inputs, please ? :unsure: Cheers.

Check the muffler for hole. That could be the cause. Another thing is that the joint or the flange have come loose due to loose bolt...

Thanks Jarance ..

I will get em checked out tmrow evening, hopefully. Maybe it's time for a new silencer box ... wonder what my bank acct. has to say about that !!! Calling Maybank !!! :nyehehe:

Originally posted by Vanquish@Feb 21 2005, 09:04 AM
Maybe it's time for a new silencer box ...
Don't change the box ! If you're in KL, you can get it re-packed at Jaafar's in Sunway for about RM400 for better performance and sound.

The ori BMW exhaust is very expensive so most people make the mistake of replacing it with an "equivalent" local aftermarket one, not knowing that the ori box can be re-packed. You retain the high-grade alloy shell and internal design .... :yes:

Originally posted by koryong@Feb 21 2005, 11:00 PM
If you're in KL, you can get it re-packed at Jaafar's in Sunway for about RM400 for better performance and sound.

Thanks Koryong ...

Damn .. I shud have gotten it done over the weekend while I was in KL. Oh well ... one more trip to make in 2 weeks time anyway. No worries, I was not about dump the ori box anytime soon too .... if I upgrade it, it wud be from a reputable brand like Remus, Magnex or Supersprint ... I have seen what those el cheapo local rip offs can do to some cars ... :hmmph:

Top Bottom