Drivetrain Malfunction

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

IFM

Club Guest
Sad sad day!....I was on my way to Kemaman from KL last Saturday night..when I reached Cherating....the message 'drivetrain malfunction, please drive at moderate speed. Se nd your car to service centre for checking' displayed on the screen...I felt sudden drop in power after the message popped up...I stopped...switched off the engine and restarted....the message no longer there and the engine back to normal like nothing happened. Nothing happened also on the way back. Anyone of you experience this phenomenon before?...

IFM;836467 said:
Sad sad day!....I was on my way to Kemaman from KL last Saturday night..when I reached Cherating....the message 'drivetrain malfunction, please drive at moderate speed. Se nd your car to service centre for checking' displayed on the screen...I felt sudden drop in power after the message popped up...I stopped...switched off the engine and restarted....the message no longer there and the engine back to normal like nothing happened. Nothing happened also on the way back. Anyone of you experience this phenomenon before?...
zzzz UDM - ultimate disaster machine

seenotype;836479 said:
zzzz UDM - ultimate disaster machine

Sometimes its luck :p

My car has been running smoothly since getting it 2 months ago :)

Anyways. IFM .

I believe its best to send it back to the service center for them to take a look regardless ..

This kind of checks are considered free under warranty !

Head of workshop at AB informed me that the FEM module got issues. The code may be an error. What they do is re program the module. If accept then ok. If duwan to accept the code they will change a new module and sensor etc. best go to your SC la

Came up on my Car after i installed "Speed Buster" from Singapore, on my way back around PD, it pops up but after i switched off my Engine and restated according to the advise giving to me by the Installer when i called him, everything was back to Normal since then and no probs whatsoever "Touch Wood"

IFM;836467 said:
This is the beginning of the nightmare. It happened to me 4 months (in Nov 2012) after I received my new car. I did the same like you: stop the car and let it reset. Then, everything seemed okay.

In Jan 2013, it happened again and the engine was overheated. Service Centre did a reprogramming. Barely after 1 week after the re-programming, the car broke down in the middle of Federal Highway. The car was towed to service centre, it took them two weeks to "solve" and change the water tank for the radiator. Last month, same problem happened. Initial action was, again, reprogramming. I refused to collect my car and I get a lawyer to advice. After I sent in a personal letter, service centre re-tested and claimed the fan has a problem. So, have to wait for the parts. My car is in service centre for 6 weeks now. Courtesy car was only provided on the 4th week. Anyway, my lawyer sent in a Letter of Demand. If no reply, i shall say to BMW Malaysia: "See you in court!".

ongss;836633 said:
This is the beginning of the nightmare. It happened to me 4 months (in Nov 2012) after I received my new car. I did the same like you: stop the car and let it reset. Then, everything seemed okay.

In Jan 2013, it happened again and the engine was overheated. Service Centre did a reprogramming. Barely after 1 week after the re-programming, the car broke down in the middle of Federal Highway. The car was towed to service centre, it took them two weeks to "solve" and change the water tank for the radiator. Last month, same problem happened. Initial action was, again, reprogramming. I refused to collect my car and I get a lawyer to advice. After I sent in a personal letter, service centre re-tested and claimed the fan has a problem. So, have to wait for the parts. My car is in service centre for 6 weeks now. Courtesy car was only provided on the 4th week. Anyway, my lawyer sent in a Letter of Demand. If no reply, i shall say to BMW Malaysia: "See you in court!".

Holy shit. This is really bad from a car that cost more than $200k. I feel for you bro. Hopefully BMW can resolve your problem soon.

splee;836639 said:
Holy shit. This is really bad from a car that cost more than $200k. I feel for you bro. Hopefully BMW can resolve your problem soon.
BMW Malaysia only knows how to tai-chi to dealer. Wrote me a diplomatic letter and then push everything to dealer. Not even a courtesy phone call to follow up. They expect dealer to be a superman to know everything and solve everything. I told my lawyer quite clearly, BMW is the designer and manufacturer of this car. Make sure BMW Malaysia is one of the defendants if I need to proceed to the court. I won't be stupid to take hammer to hit my own windshield. I rather pay the lawyer to see how much more BMW Malaysia needs to pay their Public Relationship or advertisements to rectify their image. :D

ongss;836633 said:

ya...sue 9 them la !! pay premium price but get such 'quality' ? i fully understand your feeling too bro... :) btw, urs is 2012 batch 320 or 328 ?

seenotype;836673 said:
ya...sue 9 them la !! pay premium price but get such 'quality' ? i fully understand your feeling too bro... :) btw, urs is 2012 batch 320 or 328 ?
Mine is 328 for 2012. They just called me to collect the car today and I am going to tell them that I accept the car with protest, pending for more tests. If there is another Drivetrain Malfunction in near term, I will immediately proceed to legal action against BMW Malaysia. No more personal letter or trip to service centre. So many problems, no quality and no liability. Own this car for 1 years and 9 weeks in workshop year-to-date.

BMW does not care. As rightly said, their PR or customer relations is crap. UDM? Ultimate Disaster Machine la. Then the fanboys says best car, mock other brands. Blind bugger who dish out money like nuts to upkeep car. When at TTs always hear people spending like nuts to own a BMW. But still its the best car right? LOL

Of late, Merc & Audi are making better quality cars. Don't believe me go test a new C-class or A4.

From what i've gathered in F30 forums elsewhere, apparently there are a few causes for this :
1.Cylinder Misfire - Coil Spring, Spark Plugs, Injector
2.Vanos Solenoid
3.Cooling Fan
4.Transmission Fault.

Worrying whether will affect its second hand value if
Nextime I wan to sell it...cosz 2012 batch is problematic...

ongss;836633 said:

We need what the US/singapore have, called the "Lemon Law" for defective cars like yours. I've read there are some F30s also which seem to have never ending issues there like yours. But the law helps the disgruntled customer to get a replacement car or compensation.

ongss;836646 said:
BMW Malaysia only knows how to tai-chi to dealer. Wrote me a diplomatic letter and then push everything to dealer. Not even a courtesy phone call to follow up. They expect dealer to be a superman to know everything and solve everything. I told my lawyer quite clearly, BMW is the designer and manufacturer of this car. Make sure BMW Malaysia is one of the defendants if I need to proceed to the court. I won't be stupid to take hammer to hit my own windshield. I rather pay the lawyer to see how much more BMW Malaysia needs to pay their Public Relationship or advertisements to rectify their image. :D

I support you bro. Let the world knows that BMW is starting to produce crap...

Collected my car this afternoon. As usual, no documentations given. Nevermind, before I went, I already obtained advice from my lawyer. I left a letter to indicate I collected the car with protest and requested the customer service to acknowledge receipt of the letter by hand. Then, I will send it by AR registered to BMW Malaysia. In the event "Drivetrain Malfunction" appears again for the 4th time, I won't send my car back to dealer any more, I shall send to Puspacom and then sue BMW. Use poor materials, poor manufacturing, lousy QA, yet push the responsibilities to dealer.

Thank you for the support.

ongss;836909 said:
Collected my car this afternoon. As usual, no documentations given. Nevermind, before I went, I already obtained advice from my lawyer. I left a letter to indicate I collected the car with protest and requested the customer service to acknowledge receipt of the letter by hand. Then, I will send it by AR registered to BMW Malaysia. In the event "Drivetrain Malfunction" appears again for the 4th time, I won't send my car back to dealer any more, I shall send to Puspacom and then sue BMW. Use poor materials, poor manufacturing, lousy QA, yet push the responsibilities to dealer.

cool man!! i give millions LIKES for this comment :)

Bruce_Z;836838 said:
We need what the US/singapore have, called the "Lemon Law" for defective cars like yours. I've read there are some F30s also which seem to have never ending issues there like yours. But the law helps the disgruntled customer to get a replacement car or compensation.

This is how it Should be done :top:

ongss;836909 said:

Perfect!

Top Bottom