Does changing Exhaust Voids Warranty?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kenlim320i

Dear all sifu,

I am a new F30 320i owner looking forward to get my car in 10 days time. I don't really like the original exhaust sound and 1 muffler.
I would like to change it to 4 muffler, 2 on the left and 2 on the right. Can any sifu share some experience and advice on the warranty?

Regards
Ken

Any modifications will void your warranty. Also depends on your relationship with you service advisor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just thinking if the muffler is changed and some electronics problem occur which is somewhat not related to the muffler change, will they void the warranty?

Sometimes seemingly unrelated things can be related. For example, overfilling engine oil can damage the meow meow cat. I learnt this lesson during my VW days. So if you mod your car then you basically give the manufacturer a reason to void your warranty claim. End of the day: want to mod then don't be afraid, want to be afraid then don't mod. Ai Mod Mai Kia, Ai Kia Mai Mod.

prodigy said:
Just thinking if the muffler is changed and some electronics problem occur which is somewhat not related to the muffler change, will they void the warranty?
From experience, no because I know I was on aftermarket wheels for a while already and they still helped claim things related to the engine and electronics for me last time.

Nope, I'm on Milltek and Avantgarde and so far no issues with the SA on claims. It helps if you're not a cock or prick when dealing with them. :p

Top Bottom