Do you know how to put this back?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Fuhrer

Club Guest
i removed it with a lot of sweat and swearing so that i could run my speaker wires through.now i can't put it back, ive tried taking the tabs out so i can slide it in, but even that i cant pull out..its driving me mad! :blush:

Yeah, it can be a real pain to put it back.

You may have already tried this, but there are clips in the trim that corresponds to those tabs on the floor. You need to align them so they click into place.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Fuhrer@Apr 30 2005, 11:03 PM
i removed it with a lot of sweat and swearing so that i could run my speaker wires through.
now i can't put it back, ive tried taking the tabs out so i can slide it in, but even that i cant pull out..its driving me mad! :blush:
usually it will crack into pieces when u pulling it out... haha

try to use scissor, but not cut it... slightly clamp on the pin then pull out the pin...

if u use screw driver only it will damage the stripe holder (square piece on top of the pin)

hope this helpp too..

fuhrer.
I think you have to take out the white tabs first. It can be removed at a certain angle. Try left, right.. I can't remember. Put it on the scuff plates and then push it down to the body at an angle.

Try that.

ive just about tried eveything you guys mention. i tried twisting the clips around so that i can pull it off, still no luck. i dont mind wrecking the clips as they're only a few cents if i can stick the damn thing back...

fuhrer... where do u from ??
maybe we can meet up ? i can help u out this problem...

mein fuhrer.....

i believe the clips tabs can be taken out at an angle, push it to one side insert a small screwdriver in, and push it up and outwards....

there could be another way, if it is another type......

pull it up to an angle, and turn either counter clockwise or clockwise till it "screws" out

good luck

Top Bottom