DO NOT PURCHASE FROM SRI MANIS AUTO

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by hitman@Jun 20 2006, 11:03 PM
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY - SRI MANIS AUTO IN JALAN PUDU KL

they recently advertised a 328ci with so called M3 csl kit for sale.
i went there to have a look.
what a rojak looking car. bloody con job. it was just the csl replica front and rear bumpers with a diy made in malaysia quad exhaust. no wide fenders, no M trims.
worst of all, the car was kept locked and therefore you could only view it from the exterior and by looking into the window.
the salesman who attended me said his boss will only open the car up if i agreed on his asking price.
i told him to piss off and i left.
what an insult and arrogance.
bloody prick and jerk.
this is a car not worth looking at. i strongly do not recommend this company or the car to anyone who reads this.
i went before this car dealer ... same same ..

:(

Originally posted by jarance@Jun 21 2006, 12:17 PM
I think that some of the used car policy is that no test drive until you
are ready to buy the car.

Why? Very simple.. Just imagine 20 persons want to test the car and
the car being not yours yet (what would you do?).. tekan nicely to
make sure that the car is powderful...

How would you feel if you are the 21st person who genuinely want to buy the car and you know that the car have been handed by 20 joy rides..

I remember long time ago, a kid test drive a brand new car at AB and
he crash it during the test drive... So who is responsible?

And how do a car salesman know the difference between
a genuine buyer and a joy rider or a car hijacker????
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

So the best policy is not to allow any test drive until you are ready
to buy the car.. but I am sure that the shop would gladly allowed the
car to be verified by an independant workshop.
awh.. then u have to sign everything first.. confirm u'll b taking the car.. then only test drive? what if u r not statisfied with the 'joy ride'? can u cancel everything? i'm confused.. :unsure:

From my experience, yes.. used car ppl afraid of joyriders & car jacker for sure.
These ppl add extra mileages to the car & started to give bad comments pretending
not interested. Sure you can feel for the saleman reaction-mah.

Then for geniune buyer after checking everything (the car & documents) before test drive, normally the saleman tell you the price and you name a price too.
That to show you're really comfortable with the car condition, documentation & price... Then go for a test drive, of course if the test drive prove a rocking engine, slip clutch, abs come on everytime you brake.... better don't take the car.
AND... IMHO, any salesman also cannot force you to take it.

:D

personally, going to a car dealer will be my last resort....

i'll always start with "buying direct from owner" thingy first...

then i'll avoid all those issues above..

Most importantly, take you time. Avoid buying in a rush as you may never know who may want to sell you a lemon. :D

in the case of sri manis, i wasn't asking for a test drive but to look at the car on the inside. the car was kept locked. the bloody owner and salesman refused to open it up.
so much for customer service.

hitman...

thanks for the info... i'll take note...

boikot sri manis!!! boikot sri manis!!!

I actually bought my car from there and they were very nice.... (salesmen la... boss was quite LCLY)
Maybe it's just the one guy that's rude. Another forummer also bought hers from there.
My experience with them was good. Very pleasant and accomodating to all my anal requests.

Basically, I guess they want to be sure that you are genuinely interested in buying the car before they let you test drive la for all the reasons mentioned above, however they should have explained this to you in a more decent manner. For your particular case, there most have been something fishy going on for him to refuse to even open the car door. Given the dubious nature of the car, one need hardly imagine why.

In my case, they only allowed a test drive once the booking fee had been made.Having said that, the booking fee will be returned to you if you are not satisfied with the car after the test drive. I also requested an inspection with my own mechanic, to which they complied. On top of that we also took it to their panel workshop first for a seperate diagnossis ( which yielded simillar results) I then insisted the colour of the car to be changed and done at my own painter (which they paid for) and I also swapped the 16 inch wheels with the M68s 17in from another car. They also did a full service and changed all the brake pads and lower arm bushes and full interior cleaning.

So, all in all, I don't have any serious complaints about them.

I guess it's like anything else, some people have a bad experience sometimes la.

Not that I am supporting them or anything... just relating my own personal experince with them.Maybe I just got lucky.

:angry: Yes I agree with you all don't go and buy any car at SRI MANIS.
They are salesman tak pandai bodek custemor.
I already go before to looking inside interior 3 series BMW. Salesman siad no key for open. Macam tu ke nak jaga pelanggan :blush:

Everybody got their own style, I agree with hamman18 as he is a dealer but how they talk to their customer is important... for me I will never test any car for that matter even was offered by Autobaveria I turn them down as I have no intension of buying in the first place, unless I make up my mine to buy that car. scared if anything goes wrong susah. I will never buy from a 2nd hand dealer unless on special case. only my point of view.

went to sri manis once...the treatment nothing to shout about...ok lah...

mebbe I drove spnking new 5 series(pinjam) to go and look for 3 series. it always work.

Was reading the thread...

Understood the part about the dealer worrying about carjacking/theft. Aren't their inventory insured? The whole risk/reward tradeoff...sometimes salesmen can't judge a potential customer by his/her appearance.

Also, these are used cars, recon or not. Additional spirited test drive miles is not going to hurt the car anymore. How do we know the previous owner didn't drive like an idiot? How would we know the proper break-in period was adhered to? I think that premise is moot.

Agreed on the need to prequalify though but at the same time agree on basic and fundamental customer service which the salesman referenced in the OP did not clearly have.

My $0.02.

Well its circumstantial....
if layanan buruk... sekian tima kasih..
if layanan baik.. then must buy knoe..

Top Bottom