disc rotor and caliper

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

burn

Club Guest
need some recommendations from seniors members, where can i get a reasonable price for a new disc rotors and calipers for e36 318. and what type of reasonable brand that is good to be used...hav look thru previous forum, found one but could not locate it. one member was mentioning about "pentagon parts supplier" and they were selling australian brand.mine is having problem and need to be change n now trying to source for it... thanks i advance

y do u need new calipers???

As for OEM replacement rotors, can get from the regular BMW parts dealer...

Originally posted by burn@Oct 9 2005, 06:07 AM
need some recommendations from seniors members, where can i get a reasonable price for a new disc rotors and calipers for e36 318. and what type of reasonable brand that is good to be used...
hav look thru previous forum, found one but could not locate it. one member was mentioning about "pentagon parts supplier" and they were selling australian brand.
mine is having problem and need to be change n now trying to source for it... thanks i advance
Hi, Burn

U can go for german made Zimmerman for rotor. If possible, get the cross drill type.

As for brake pad, I using ferodo (Australia made).
Verdict
Heavy duty & high performance, less dust & long lasting. (less wear & tear to rotor)
Most important no squelzing noise during braking.

Originally posted by fabianyee@Oct 9 2005, 09:37 PM
y do u need new calipers???

As for OEM replacement rotors, can get from the regular BMW parts dealer...
hi fabian, thanks for the info... did thought of that! was trying to get a better ones that will last slightly longer, and willing to pay extra for it as long its worth it.
regarding the calipers, the mechanic in segamat told me that i need to change it together. still wondering why do i need to change the calipers since only the disc is giving the problem. the mechanic in segamat is well known for repairing merz and bmw and they are reasonable n honest. the owner use to drive 6series n he told me that e36 is common wit this problem. anyway, still looking for previous forum to get more info... anyway thanks a lot.

Someone in this forum was selling Brembo rotors from SG not too long ago. Do a search. But if aftermarket isnt your thing, the originals are just as good and nothing to snuff at.

You must be facing disc wrap in your E36 318 which is solid disc. Your mechanic is right about the problem, so you have to change to ventilated disc and caliper to fit in the disc. I have source the 325 caliper from chop shop and installed ATE ventilated power disc. Zimmerman and DBA are ventilated disc.

hi guys, thanks for the recommendations n infos, now looking for contacts no. to call them... got one from eurocarmotorsport, is there any other places i can go, this is my first repair on the bmw... so a bit blurrr... too many brands to choose from... and what is the price range like n where is the best place to do it! a place that tak muntah darah! :dunno: thanks a lot again.

sorry to interrupt, how much is the cost for 2nd hand disc brakes?
just to compare prices and get better price so cannot be "ketuk" later.

You dont want used rotors dude! You dont know if its warped, cracked, stressed... in its previous life. Brakes are for you to stop. Imagine if you cant stop when you want it to during an emergency. I dont think its funny. Your choice. Dont say you havent been warned.

if you have extra money to spend (and want to look good), then by all means get the cross-drilled rotors and brembo calipers, etc. But is you are only looking for a replacement to rectify the problems you are facing, then the OEM replacement rotors and brakepads (Lemforder) is adequate. With an e36 318i, how fast can you go that will require those cross-drilled rotors, bigger calipers, etc?

Originally posted by mikayon@Oct 11 2005, 10:03 AM
sorry to interrupt, how much is the cost for 2nd hand disc brakes?
just to compare prices and get better price so cannot be "ketuk" later.
contact kinaka, he might hav it!

Originally posted by c-square@Oct 11 2005, 03:17 PM
if you have extra money to spend (and want to look good), then by all means get the cross-drilled rotors and brembo calipers, etc. But is you are only looking for a replacement to rectify the problems you are facing, then the OEM replacement rotors and brakepads (Lemforder) is adequate. With an e36 318i, how fast can you go that will require those cross-drilled rotors, bigger calipers, etc?
got what u mean! planning to do up the car in stages! instead of paying for OEM, with a little added extras might as well get something a bit better, somewhere in the mid range.

Top Bottom