Disc Brake

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmw7833

Club Guest
My car e39 523i juddered when i press the brake. I have changed the non original disc brake, but it still juddered, then the mechanic told me to machining the disc brake, i did it, but still juddered. Now i decide to change it again with original BMW disc brake. 1. Any comment on this? 2. Can i solve the juddered problem without changing the non original disc brake? Coz wan to save money..:) Any idea??3. Anybody here got 'lobang' for cheaper original disc brake? Who know the price?? Thkx for comment..:)

Bro bmw7833,

Which part of your car vibrates when braking? vibrates felt at steering wheel?front or rear part of the car vibrates? or feel likes whole car vibrates?

At what speed it vibrates? around 90 km/h?
what brand oem brake disc you just changed?
how many discs you changed? for front or rear?

How long have you been using this car?
Have you ever changed thrust arm bush (some call upper arm bush)?

wan520i, difficult to explain to u by mail. or can u pm me ur fon, i need ur advice thru fon. it's easier.

Any body know wat brand for disc brake we use for e39?? Then how about brake pad?? i want to go to S'pore this week. Pls help me.

For my E34: ATE disc. Currently on BMW OEM Textar pad. Next pad change will be on Pagid.

No experience with Brembo... but I suppose it's better psychologically? ATE is OE on the M6. I heard that the cross drilled Brembo produces a loud "whooom" pitch when one steps on the brake. Others says cross-drilled disc squeaks a lot also. Mine is grooved, not cross drilled so no such sound pollution issue.

Just change 2 months ago 4 new german discs plus brake pads and tie rods. Braking at speed 180km/hr no problem. 97 523i 1st time replacement .

uncle aziz;208743 said:
Just change 2 months ago 4 new german discs plus brake pads and tie rods. Braking at speed 180km/hr no problem. 97 523i 1st time replacement .

Uncle Aziz, wat brand of disc and pad u changed?

Top Bottom