dirty headlights

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

guru

Club Guest
my headlights little dirty..fog lights oso... how to open and clean the glass from the inside?

hehehe....i have just the thing that u my fren... :D (this is for e21 and e30,others..dunno how...hehe) :

things u'll need :

1.some sand(act as a sandpaper)
2.carwash liquid/any washing liquid will do
3.glass cleaner
4.autosol(for the exterior part of the glass)

step by step guide(interior of the glass) :

1. remove the bulbs n wiring from the headlamps
2. clean the headlamps with water
3. put in some sand and the carwash liquid
4. hold the headlamp on your palm and shake it!!!...haha...but dont be too rough or not the sand will damage the chrome part that reflects the light.
5. when u're done with it,clean with water throughly
6. clean it with glass cleaner(i use my RAIN X cos i dont use it that often on my car...hehe...if dun want to use oso can)
7. when finished,put it upside down(glass up,the base down-to let the excess water come out)
8. then put it in a normal position(the glass and base on same level)
9. leave to dry

step by step guide(exterior of the glass) :

1. when the headlamps are dried inside and out, put some autosol on the exterior and rub it to remove some minor scratches.
2. clean the excess
3. clean the exterior glass with water n glass cleaner for final touches(to make it clear)

there u go...haha... :D

btw,dont put on the wiring n the bulb back if the interior is not dry...leave it to dry fully,inside and outside... :D

*take note,this is just my experience,if u guys hesitate to do it,dont do it...hehe

cheers!!!

Originally posted by willie@Nov 15 2005, 11:19 PM
what is autosol ah??? where can we get it????
metal polish.. hardware shop is the place where you will find it..

It a bit similar to brassol except brassol come in liquid form whereas autosol come in paste form (similar to your tooth paste)

BTW, the above products are household name..

autosol easy to find ma...any shop oso got...giant,carrefour oso got wan... :D

*take note,patience is the key to a clean headlights...hehehe.. :nyehehe:

normal sand can...i use the normal sand cos my neighbourhood got some house renovating,so i mintak from them... :D
just pu in lil bit onli...on the surface of the interior part of the glass...with some carwash liquid/any liquid.

gud luck!! :D

tried to open my lights last nite...not easy, i gave up halfway...
i got e46 3serie..the light is held together with clips..i managed to remove the eyelids but the glass wont come out, i can unhooh the clips but the damn thing wont budge!!...should i just replace the glass? where to buy?

whoa there!!...r u tryin to open the glass?isnt it sealed together with the reflector?...i dunno bout e46,some sifus plse help...i dunno if this method applies to e36 and e46 headlamps... :D
thanxs!!

Top Bottom