Dip Your Car , Really cool

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hey Jules,
Cant seem to remember you la. hehe sorry. Have not brought in yet . Heard from the manufacturer some else is ahead of me . So lets see what happens eh. Manufacturer sheets says can withstand -30°F to 200°F.

An extreme test. I think paint also will koyak .

[video=youtube;sE3841-1E8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE3841-1E8s[/video]

Just washed my car. Today tried scrubbing with that green rough sponge used for plates , Holding up well. I loveeeee Plasti Dip.

Yassin;775989 said:
Just washed my car. Today tried scrubbing with that green rough sponge used for plates , Holding up well. I loveeeee Plasti Dip.

Mind to post the photo here for your car applied with Plasti Dip.

I'm looking for a can of black plastidip. All the Ace outlets seem to be out of stock, anyone know where I can get some?

Other Than Ace hardware, any leads to get this item in Msia? ACE seems way overpriced for the item I bought mostly compared to outside but I like to go there coz they got a lot of imported stuff

Thailand sells Plasti dip at 850 Baht per aerosol can, Singapore around S$30.

Heard selling price here is going to be around RM67 per can.

Hi guys, is this product in our shores yet. Is it a DIY ? Thinking of respraying my whole car :)

DrD;790836 said:
Hi guys, is this product in our shores yet. Is it a DIY ? Thinking of respraying my whole car :)

What colour you would like to dip your car? I changed my trunk lid to Grey color

..this is very interesting..I have few ideas about decal paint like this..not entire car, just some parts. But, where to do this kind of things here, and how stable is 'rubber' wrap on hot climate such as one we have here..I mean, it will be really dumb to wrap car with something what could potentially, self ignite due hot temperatures..just a thought..

EDIT:
Just saw video..nice :)..
Im also wondering, why is needed to PM for price (I noticed , its usually like that, kind a weird to me..why discretion for such products) ??

My Fav

[video=youtube;jayyTUy3GTw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jayyTUy3GTw[/video]

My little DIY over a lazy weekend.... Save money from buying a new black front grill for RM300++

Bought this from ACE @ MINES for RM43.90 (last can for Black)

Before the DIP...

During the DIP (after 2 coats) ...

After the DIP (4 coats)...

I have to admit that the application is very straight forward..... Applied each coat with a 30 mins interval.... you guys should try.... only used less than 1/2 can for the DIY job. Am quite happy with the outcome.

RM43.90 a can, PRICEY? I don't think so as campared to a new black front grill for RM300++. And the experience and joy for a DIY are PRICELESS!

Was wondering how hard is it to wash them being sprayed on the exterior. I have been only doing it for interior as it is less maintenance. IMO

U can wash wit power jet, it doesn't come out but don't use micro fiber to wipe it coz it will make it tear off.

e46_UDM, you read my mind! got quoted over 200rm for a matte grill and that is ridiculous! quickly thought of getting those canned plastidip. And you have showed the way...

will be my next wkend project then.

swansonsz;817680 said:
e46_UDM, you read my mind! got quoted over 200rm for a matte grill and that is ridiculous! quickly thought of getting those canned plastidip. And you have showed the way...

will be my next wkend project then.

Lets share a can since it only required half a can, boleh?

anaksarawak;817684 said:
Lets share a can since it only required half a can, boleh?

Have tried this mod twice, points to note would be:

1) Use the whole can, half can is too thin and tears very easily when washing.

2) Separate the frame and grill if possible prior to spraying. On my F10, the frame and the slates are actually 2 piece.

#2 leaves a nicer thorough look and feel, by doing that ensures that all layers facing outside are properly coated.

primus2211;817737 said:

2) Separate the frame and grill if possible prior to spraying. On my F10, the frame and the slates are actually 2 piece.

#2 leaves a nicer thorough look and feel, by doing that ensures that all layers facing outside are properly coated.

Thanks for the tips bro!

Which is nicer? turn black or keep it chrome?

IMG_20120124_144726.jpg

win-1-1-1.jpg

primus2211;817737 said:

Thx for the warning. Will see how it goes when I wash my ride later. If it tears, have to go and buy another can & reapply again.... BTW, I applied only 4 coats based on d recommendation on d can.... Shud apply more coats.... My bad.....

anaksarawak;817753 said:
Thanks for the tips bro!

Which is nicer? turn black or keep it chrome?

It's a personal preference. IMHO, if u wanna look classic, then the chrome.... If u wanna look ganas a bit, then go for black. I personally don like too much of the chrome i.e. bling2 on a car....

Top Bottom