Different zf & gatreg gear box

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

CK1

Club Guest
hi sifu,I am using e36 328 auto to manual. Name gatreg. My first gear slip to neutral when going to release cluth . Any recommendation of repairing this problem or any idea what can i do?Sencond is my foreman said zf is much more powerful and mpre reliable than gatreg. Is it true?

Hi all the sifu.. Can anyone help me the above enquiry....many many many thanks.....:77::77:

i cant help, except to explain that one gearbox cannot be 'more powerfull' than another---all they do is transfer the engines power to the final drive.

you don't trust you foreman ? why is that so ??

me also finding the answer to it ...pls help ...

@carlberg ...which final drive do i need to use to overtake an ///M3 s50 ahh ?

final drive ratio is matched to your engine output---- and depending if you like relaxed highway cruising at low rpm , or traffic light drag racing--

ICEMAN 68;791036 said:
you don't trust you foreman ? why is that so ??

me also finding the answer to it ...pls help ...

@carlberg ...which final drive do i need to use to overtake an ///M3 s50 ahh ?

Alfa Romeo 3.2 / 3.7 GTA ....cabutzzzzzzzzz :p

To the thread starter >>

Its not ZF more powerful but it can take more hp / torque stress. However, Getrag isn't any bad. If you have more than 300whp then you can consider ZF else no issues. Getrag is much more lighter(weight reduction), has taller gears hence they act like close ratio gearboxes on VTEC. Very fun to have it on ur 325/328 on short sprints. As long its not broken, dont be itchy to change it to a ZF thinking you are going to gain power. Cheers...

waa. . v-man maha guru already. ..by the way, just to add, the ZF box was made for the original 328 n M3 e36 B30 spec. for the S52 e36 6speed is the getrag under Bmw badging, but fragile and weak. under the e46, it was made under getrag but heavy duty.

hope this explains further.

pussy;791133 said:
waa. . v-man maha guru already. ..by the way, just to add, the ZF box was made for the original 328 n M3 e36 B30 spec. for the S52 e36 6speed is the getrag under Bmw badging, but fragile and weak. under the e46, it was made under getrag but heavy duty.

Actually the getrag 6 speed is v sturdy. Only the synchro is d weak point which goes first if not handled with care. Many getrag6 have survived turbos with no issue. My 530tds still didn't kill the box yet :p

Iceman.... U need ratio that gives u 165kmh at 3000 rpm. Hehehe. But to run that ratio u need lots of ghee. :D

pussy;791133 said:

What to do larr bro....you massat too much till M.I.A so have to tai chi a bit la...hahaha

Thanks you so much for all your advise. I am thinking to chnge it cause my first gear slip to neutral when i release cluth. That is the reason i am thinking to change it. It not to say i m not believe my foreman but just trying to get extra adviise here. Do you all think can i repair the problem i mentioned or any where can get a good recommendation?

pussy;791133 said:

1-800-88-PUSSY had finally spoke ...Sifu which one is using the 4 lug and 6 lug ahhh ? me very conpius ?

and ahhh why some have yellow sticker as ramsing mentioned running on GHEE oil and orange sticker running on cooking oil ? what is the difference ahh sifu ..pls help ..always kena buli one ..

CK1;791203 said:
Thanks you so much for all your advise. I am thinking to chnge it cause my first gear slip to neutral when i release cluth. That is the reason i am thinking to change it. It not to say i m not believe my foreman but just trying to get extra adviise here. Do you all think can i repair the problem i mentioned or any where can get a good recommendation?

could be your clutch pump isn't pumping well ... the cheapest solution ...jack up your car and check the pump condition ...if signs of aging and leaking change this first and check on the 1 gear shifting to N ..happens again or not ...

V-Man;791103 said:
To the thread starter >>

Its not ZF more powerful but it can take more hp / torque stress. However, Getrag isn't any bad. If you have more than 300whp then you can consider ZF else no issues. Getrag is much more lighter(weight reduction), has taller gears hence they act like close ratio gearboxes on VTEC. Very fun to have it on ur 325/328 on short sprints. As long its not broken, dont be itchy to change it to a ZF thinking you are going to gain power. Cheers...

wahh MAHA GURU ... relating to V-tech also can ka ..tabik tabik ...you're the SUPER MAHA GURU .. TQ sir

ICEMAN 68;791209 said:
could be your clutch pump isn't pumping well ... the cheapest solution ...jack up your car and check the pump condition ...if signs of aging and leaking change this first and check on the 1 gear shifting to N ..happens again or not ...

Thanks iceman.
mmm....clutch pump..thinking of it, i have pump problem too....which is steping to many times the cluct pedal will going down. Everytime, i have to move it up back. Okok...i will check the clutch pump...thanks again.

Top Bottom