Destilled water..where ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..hi guys..im looking to place where i can buy distilled water for use in my vehicle cooling system..i do not want to use any coolant liquid but distilled water because i noticed, engine temperature is slightly lower than when i use some chemical coolant thingy, so cooling is better..question is, where i can buy pure distilled water (impurities removed completely) so i can use it in my car cooling system ? Some place/address/brand , where i can get it, would be superhighly appreciated...thanks in advance guys..

at the roadside where they sell RO water.

RO water is tap water which is filtered water thru reverse osmosis.

or buy battery water at any petrol station.

Gotta be careful with battery water as they may have slight minerals added in..pH may also be slightly acidic..

Best if you look for bottled distilled water in the supermarket, can't remember what's the name of the brand but it's together with the mineral water section..the label clearly states "Distilled Water" & the packaging would be slightly different from the normal mineral water.

RO water will still have minerals, but it will depend on the original source of water they use for processing..& normally the mineral content is not indicated..most of the time Malaysian RO water is from the tap water supply..

Hope that helps..

Cheers :)

Distilled water should be easily available at supermarkets isn't it?

btw, won't water alone boil easily? Coolant is supposed to raise the boiling temperature significantly.

2wenty6;649144 said:
Distilled water should be easily available at supermarkets isn't it?

btw, won't water alone boil easily? Coolant is supposed to raise the boiling temperature significantly.

..well..boiling temperature spot for water is 100 celsius , while engine operating temperature, as well as liquid is around 85-90 degrees..so, i guess idea is to remove heat from engine and keep it down to 85-90, if goes over that, coolant or water, doesnt matter anyway..its pretty much gone..

Ecc0;649350 said:
..well..boiling temperature spot for water is 100 celsius , while engine operating temperature, as well as liquid is around 85-90 degrees..so, i guess idea is to remove heat from engine and keep it down to 85-90, if goes over that, coolant or water, doesnt matter anyway..its pretty much gone..

:4: try give rain water a shot .. And it's free :4: .......

mizhan;649453 said:
rain water kat KL is slightly acidic la dato'...

Hahaha . . . Now u knw why Kuantan is heaven to me.:4:.... No worries bro, I will start storing for more, incase you guys want them :4:.

Top Bottom