Dented Front Bonnet

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

solo

Club Guest
It's the dreaded seventh-and-a-half month of the Chinese Calendar where the Chinese believe all the ghosts come out of hell to play. Well I think I met a few of them because I broke my spectacles yesterday, and my Kancil's aircond compressor died this morning.And to top it all off, someone reversed into my E46 and left a 2-inch dent on the front bonnet, about 1 inch above the driver's side headlights. The driver ran away because I only discovered the dent after I returned to the car.Does anyone know if it can be knocked out? I'm guessing I'll have to respray the whole bonnet. How much will that cost? It is a normal respray with the bonnet on the car or does the bonnet have to be dismantled and sprayed then baked in an oven?Will upload pictures later after I get my camera charged and mandi bunga.Salut and Happy Buka Puasa
DSCN2047.jpg
DSCN2046.jpg
DSCN2042.jpg
DSCN2041.jpg
DSCN2040.jpg
DSCN2049.jpg

I was quoted RM350 for spraying the whole bonnet before. The knocking would probably cost you no more than another RM100 or so. I drive a E36 btw.

loafer;551051 said:
I was quoted RM350 for spraying the whole bonnet before. The knocking would probably cost you no more than another RM100 or so. I drive a E36 btw.

Thanks Loafer,

Mine is an E46 but I think the price is there abouts, right? Would you know if is it a normal spray job with the bonnet on the car or do they dismantle it, spray it then bake it?

Salut and Thanks Again

For repair work should take no more than a day provided you drive the car in early. Should be able to get it by evening. Best to just check with the repair shop.

loafer;551293 said:
Should be a simple touch up job solo. Paint is ori?

Thanks for the boost in my spirits. The dent can be knocked out right? And we're talking about a RM500-600 budget?

The paint came with the car. It was a company car before my Dad and I bought it. I was told it was resprayed before. Don't know whether its true.

Salut

Yea the lamp would have been costlier to replace. Yea few hundred bucks only. I fixed a much bigger dent on my passenger door before for less than RM200. You can opt to just spray the area affected or respray the whole bonnet. I did my repair work at the paintshop behind the SS19 Shell station.

Anything can be knocked back :) Don't worry so much.

The paint does look like it has gold dust mixed into it or something.

solo;551302 said:
If that had happened, my Dad would have killed me on the spot.

Salut

No la your dad wouldn't kill u, he just pulling your ear only

read somewhere about dry ice removes dent ...not sure , a simple and cheapest solution in guess ....

bro, the dent is considered very minimal. in the hands of a skillful foreman (i'm lucky i know one), what u need is just knocking and diy polishing, which cost RM150 at most.

i've had my left front passenger door badly dented (without scratch, another hit and run) and rear bonnet rammed by a moronic motorcyclist. both fixed without respraying.

K.K.;551351 said:
bro, the dent is considered very minimal. in the hands of a skillful foreman (i'm lucky i know one), what u need is just knocking and diy polishing, which cost RM150 at most.

i've had my left front passenger door badly dented (without scratch, another hit and run) and rear bonnet rammed by a moronic motorcyclist. both fixed without respraying.

Now, begins my search for a good bodywork workshop in Kuching. Wish I am in KL where there are many good bodywork foreman. Anyone know of a good bodywork guy in Kuching, don't hesitate to tell me.

Salut and Happy Buka Puasa

loafer;551303 said:
Yea the lamp would have been costlier to replace. Yea few hundred bucks only. I fixed a much bigger dent on my passenger door before for less than RM200. You can opt to just spray the area affected or respray the whole bonnet. I did my repair work at the paintshop behind the SS19 Shell station.

Anything can be knocked back :) Don't worry so much.

The paint does look like it has gold dust mixed into it or something.

Yup gold flecks in the paint, that's why I so sayang the paint job and my heart was broken a few days because of the incident.

Salut

Top Bottom