Custom made Number Plates

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
may i ask, what do you mean by custom made number plate ?
izit those embosed like what volvo always have it ?or those like what proton previously have ?

Originally posted by cadmus@Jan 29 2006, 08:49 AM
It's the alphabets and numbers of the registration plate.
Alphabets? Do u mean -letters?
In tha English language, there is only 1 alphabet which consists of 26 letters. :D

Ive recently seen number plates where they are the same type as the stock ones AB gives out. An alphabet stuck onto a black piece of plastic..

The only catch is that the alphabets used is much smaller..

Anyone have an idea where i can get these plates?

Thanks a bunch for any suggestions in advance.. :)

Best Rgrds
Kenny

If it is the same type that AB gives out then it is very easily done by any accessory shop.

What the shop does is that it lines up the letters you required on the silver plate. Cover with masking tape and then spray paint the plate black. Remove the masking tape and u have your number plate.

Just have to make sure that the letter template you use is the one you like. There are many ways to do 1,2,3, A,B,C, etc.

And also make sure they align and space the letters properly. If you want perfection then have to go for laser cut letterings. You can order your custom laser cut plate from the accessory shop.

Just to point out that the spray on type is not legal. But you can still do what ever you want anyway.

I have seen custom made plates made of perspex (about 3mm thick, with one side painted black) which had the letters and numbers deeply engraved in the rear. The letters/numbers can be painted - usually silver or white - depending on what u like. Nice effect when u shine a light through the edges.

U can also add things such as a border, other letterings (e.g, seen this - another bloody volvo driver!) along the lower edge. Whatever u like.

U might want to check with Rikey from the Autoworld forum for more details.

Cheers!

3er,

Are you sure they are illegal? Why are they illegal? Because this is what AB do to all the cars they sell. My number plate is those spray painted type supplied by AB.

Can't imagine they give me illegal plates.

hello ichiwan, I think I met u at KLAuto one day before, thanks for giving me a test ride on your foamed car :) Yea Rikey has asked me to help introduce his custom designed plates if so those of u who saw it it is from the same source. The latest onces I've asked him to do is to combine Carbon Fibre as the plate with the existing design to make it more exclusive. The only complain I have is that the price is quite expensive but since it is custom made and takes almost 3 hours to complete a set, perhaps it is justified.

Here's what the CF plate looks like on my car (without custom letters) :-

cfplate1.jpg

I'll try to get more samples to show how it looks like with the custom lettering done. If anyone wants to find out more feel free to pm me.

Originally posted by k3nny@Mar 2 2006, 02:34 PM
Ive recently seen number plates where they are the same type as the stock ones AB gives out. An alphabet stuck onto a black piece of plastic..

The only catch is that the alphabets used is much smaller..

Anyone have an idea where i can get these plates?

Thanks a bunch for any suggestions in advance.. :)

Best Rgrds
Kenny
must be those on my car but i can't post it here cause i'm using my office computer now though...sorry...i know subang kk mobile they have it,cause there's where i did it...rm 90 only (for both side) u can pm Marco and ask him about my number...it's small and nice...chun chun chun... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You wan this type???

It's metal, with the numbers embossed, and painted with a heat transfer type process. You can have white or silver numbers ( silver is illegal)

Originally posted by valkryie@Mar 2 2006, 05:43 PM
3er,

Are you sure they are illegal? Why are they illegal? Because this is what AB do to all the cars they sell. My number plate is those spray painted type supplied by AB.

Can't imagine they give me illegal plates.

embossed type is legal......
If the spacing is correct and you use the white numbers. Silver is not allowed!
DON"T question the logic here??????

Actually there's no logic. JPJ will stop u no matter what u do to your car eventhough it is 100% stock. My friend's e46 got stopped because JPJ said not supposed to have HID, but the car originally came with HID. So what can we do about that?

Originally posted by scin@Mar 3 2006, 12:10 AM
You wan this type???

It's metal, with the numbers embossed, and painted with a heat transfer type process. You can have white or silver numbers ( silver is illegal)
hi scin,

can u pm me the contacts? :yes:
cheers

Top Bottom