Coolants...What Do You Use?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BeemerSTER

Club Guest
I'm pretty sure we all have our different opinions about choice of coolants...Guys wanna drop in any suggestion?Was planning to try something like Redline for my E39....

Nothing can beat the original BMW coolant. Cost SGD$8.50 @RM19 per 1.5lit bottle which is considered cheap to me when a bottle of castrol coolant cost SGD$5 per 1lit. Summore guaranteed BMW coolant is phosphate free. Use originals, all those redline bullshit lah, u know americans lah they hoohaahh a lot about their stuff. Summore ur's 6 pot M52 engine, don't pray pray with ur coolant, better be safe than sorry. :p

I use water. Coolant is too expensive so I went with the cheaper alternative. :D unless someone tell me something better to use on my E30.

Originally posted by RedZ4@Dec 14 2005, 03:51 PM
I use water. Coolant is too expensive so I went with the cheaper alternative. :D unless someone tell me something better to use on my E30.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bro, i think i still have half a bottle of coolant bought from Brother's...u can have it..lar :blush:

Ideally one should use:

1) 1 bottle of Redline Water Wetter AND/OR Coolant + Distilled Water (Batt water also can)

Originally posted by RedZ4@Dec 14 2005, 02:51 AM
Water is the best form of maximum heat transfer, but u still need coolant to lubricate ur water pumps etc. In BMW owner's manual it states that "For all round weather condition use, a minimum of 60% water+40% coolant is required to lubricate internal cooling parts such as water pumps etc"

I tot BMW branded coolant is massively expensive? :unsure: So I was suggest Wurth instead. :unsure:

Originally posted by tongsatriani@Dec 14 2005, 06:36 PM
I tot BMW branded coolant is massively expensive? :unsure: So I was suggest Wurth instead. :unsure:
If it was, I would definitely not be using it.... cannot remember the exact price but I think it is about RM28 per bottle. Bought from BA.

Originally posted by tongsatriani@Dec 14 2005, 05:36 AM
Nope they are not, they are infact cheaper than mercedes original coolant.

got mine for rm20 from distributor.......then again, i buy like 5 bottles each time....."sigh"......

okay....so if I choose to ADD/top-up coolant of different brand to my current existing coolant, is that alright?

not sure what coolant i'm using currently to begin with... :D

Originally posted by BeemerSTER@Dec 19 2005, 03:59 AM
okay....so if I choose to ADD/top-up coolant of different brand to my current existing coolant, is that alright?

not sure what coolant i'm using currently to begin with... :D
yes its ok to top up with another brand coolant but y dont u flush ur remaining coolant and get the oem bmw coolant and u will knw wht brand coolant ur using from thn onwards! ;)
i think the last time i bought it,it was going for RM27 per litre....
how u been anyway dude?

rgds,
-brad-

hey brad,

wassup man....i'm good.how's your ride??

yeah,flushing out sounds like a wise thing to do...

how many liters would i need?and how significant of the redline water wetter addition would contribute??

thanks...

Originally posted by BeemerSTER@Dec 19 2005, 11:38 PM
hey brad,

wassup man....i'm good.how's your ride??

yeah,flushing out sounds like a wise thing to do...

how many liters would i need?and how significant of the redline water wetter addition would contribute??

thanks...
hey dude,
my rides good....
well basically i think u need to buy the oem bmw 1 litre bottle and the mechs will knw wht the actual mixture will b.

as for the redline water wetter,not too sure bout tht mate....
should meet up and catch up dude.

rgds,
-brad-

Top Bottom