Convoy Trip to South for E9x Members

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

David Yong

Club Guest
Guys,Holiday mood larrr.....After our first meet & second meet which both were held at Souled Out, Desa Sri Hartamas, it's high time for us to gather together to do something more fun :cool:. We have now got E90 members in Malacca, Batu Pahat & Johor. Therefore we should take this opportunity to travel together, get together, eat together, sleep together (oppss... cannot sleep together larr) to meet each other :top:. Our members who are in Malacca, Batu Pahat & Johor will host us right :cool: .So now, let us plan for a convoy trip starts from KL to Johor and may ultimately go across into Singapore. The plan will be a first stop in Malacca to meet our members there (GHS will bring us to eat chicken rice ok), then proceed to Batu Pahat (I'm sure BeemerS3 will be happy to see us there), then to Johor (here we have mnas & TomJB to bring us fun). Stay in Johor and if possible, travel across to Singapore (maybe can arrange to meet with members of e90post). All in it may takes 2 days 1 night or 3 days 2 nights.It will be great if we could have a minimum of 10 cars to do this trip. I'm sure we will have more than 10 cars right! Those who are from the northern side can come over to KL to join us so that we can go down south together. Lets see when will be the best date for us to do this and how many of us are game for it before we proceed with accomodation venue in Johor (maybe Hyatt Hotel). How about:18th Aug ??25th Aug ??1st Sept ??8th Sept ??During Hari Raya (I think around 13th Oct & 14 Oct) ??So let us confirm the date, number of participant & how many days.

DY, no probs I'm in! It would be great to meet up with all the fellow E9x owners.

I vote for 18th or 25th Aug, (2 days 1 night trip), as I will be away for the most of September.

As for the chicken rice, consider it my treat :)

I think to do this properly, we should first pen down who is game for it first then only we nail down the date:

1) David Yong (Yes & Any date as listed)
2) GHS (Yes & 18th or 25th Aug)
3) Juan Powerblow (Yes/No & Date) ?
4) E46Fanatic (Yes/No & Date) ?
5) TomJB (Yes/No & Date) ?
6) BeemerS3 (Yes/No & Date) ?
7) Bimmer910 (Yes/No & Date) ?
8) Dannis (Yes/No & Date) ?
9) Cobra Kai (Yes/No & Date) ?
10) Danc (Yes/No & Date) ?
11) Rookie (Yes/No & Date) ?
12) AlexC (Yes/No & Date) ?
13) Meinauto (Yes/No & Date) ?
14) Bmrocket (Yes/No & Date) ?
15) bmFIVE (Yes/No & Date) ?
16) Rimsukan (Yes/No & Date)?
17)
18)
19)
20)

Sorry guys but as much as i would love to join u'all..roadtrips r out for me :20:
Have fun tho....

1) David Yong (Yes & Any date as listed)
2) GHS (Yes & 18th or 25th Aug)
3) Juan Powerblow (Yes/No & Date) ?
4) E46Fanatic (Yes/No & Date) ?
5) TomJB (Yes/No & Date) ?
6) BeemerS3 (Yes/No & Date) ?
7) Bimmer910 (Yes/No & Date) ?
8) Dannis (Yes/No & Date) ?
9) Cobra Kai (Yes/No & Date) ?
10) Danc (Yes/No & Date) ?
11) Rookie (Yes/No & Date) ?
12) AlexC (Yes/No & Date) ?
13) Meinauto (Yes/No & Date) ?
14) Bmrocket (No)
15) bmFIVE (Yes/No & Date) ?
16) Rimsukan (Yes/No & Date)?
17)
18)
19)
20)

Guys,

I received this message from Daredevil:

Originally Posted by Daredevil
Dear David,

It has been brought to my attention that you are in the midst of organising a drive down south for the 'E90 Club' forum members. Firstly let me thank you for being such an enthusiastic forum member. Your passion speaks for itself.

However, I do foresee some complications and conflict which may arise out of this situation. The fact that none of the committee members have been informed about your good intentions and the fact that most of the E90 forumers in your group are not official members of BMW CLUB Malaysia, I regret to inform you that it may not be a good idea to be organising a drive under the club's banner.

But all is not lost. If you choose to proceed with this drive, there are a couple of options you can consider:

1) Get your friends to register as official members so that the committee can talk to people from Sapura Auto, Auto Bavaria, BMW Malaysia and some other potential members to support your drive officially.

2) If you rather not go this route, kindly coordinate your drive using another avenue instead of this forum.

For your information, we're not trying to be difficult. We're only doing our jobs as office bearers to ensure that nothing undesirable happens during the drive. It will be great to see more E90 friends joining the club as official members to enjoy the exclusive benefits. This club is establish for this particular purpose and I hope you'll see the advantages of becoming an official member. Please support us in order for us to support you.

I can be contacted at XXXXXXX should you want to discuss this matter further. We want a win win situation at the end of the day.

Thank David.

Regards,
DD

cc. Committee members

Above is self-explanatory. Hence, I am calling off this convoy trip to South.

Moving forward, if you guys still want to do the get together/convoy trip or any event for E9x owners or even do any other meet up in the future, you need to officially sign up as an official member in BMW Club Malaysia. As of todate, none of us is an official member yet (except for one i.e. BlackE90). I would leave the choice to you :)

Cheers,
David.

David Yong;234074 said:
Guys,

I received this message from Daredevil:

Originally Posted by Daredevil
Dear David,

It has been brought to my attention that you are in the midst of organising a drive down south for the 'E90 Club' forum members. Firstly let me thank you for being such an enthusiastic forum member. Your passion speaks for itself.

However, I do foresee some complications and conflict which may arise out of this situation. The fact that none of the committee members have been informed about your good intentions and the fact that most of the E90 forumers in your group are not official members of BMW CLUB Malaysia, I regret to inform you that it may not be a good idea to be organising a drive under the club's banner.

But all is not lost. If you choose to proceed with this drive, there are a couple of options you can consider:

1) Get your friends to register as official members so that the committee can talk to people from Sapura Auto, Auto Bavaria, BMW Malaysia and some other potential members to support your drive officially.

2) If you rather not go this route, kindly coordinate your drive using another avenue instead of this forum.

For your information, we're not trying to be difficult. We're only doing our jobs as office bearers to ensure that nothing undesirable happens during the drive. It will be great to see more E90 friends joining the club as official members to enjoy the exclusive benefits. This club is establish for this particular purpose and I hope you'll see the advantages of becoming an official member. Please support us in order for us to support you.

I can be contacted at XXXXXXX should you want to discuss this matter further. We want a win win situation at the end of the day.

Thank David.

Regards,
DD

cc. Committee members

Above is self-explanatory. Hence, I am calling off this convoy trip to South.

Moving forward, if you guys still want to do the get together/convoy trip or any event for E9x owners or even do any other meet up in the future, you need to officially sign up as an official member in BMW Club Malaysia. As of todate, none of us is an official member yet (except for one i.e. BlackE90). I would leave the choice to you :)

Cheers,
David.

Errrr??? I thought Private Messages (PM) are what its suppose to be ...Private...????
FYI Black E90 is not the only official member, kl2dc , limste, ekse and sniper126 are also Official Members.

For Everybodies information as well , Daredevil happens to be the President of the Club.

Yes I have signed up as an official member, awaiting blue status :)

David Yong, I sent you a PM.

XXX you too...

KL2DC;234178 said:
Yes I have signed up as an official member, awaiting blue status :)

David Yong, I sent you a PM.

XXX you too...

List of names aledi submitted to the webadmin to 'upgrade' your status...

ok let's not get our panties in a bunch here...:laugh:

This is just a misunderstanding in the transition of this organization from a casual online community to a formal full fledge group. I don't think the full effects have been adequately communicated.

David Yong, PM me your number and a good time to call , we have much to discuss, buddy.

Cheers!

David

I am organising a 5 series drive to A Farmosa this weekend and not all are paid up members but at least some of them are and most importantly the organiser is an official member.

I truely understand the difficulties and all sort here... Hence, I think if we are enjoying here in the forum, why don't we just be a pay member right? If they don't get enough support, we might even lose this fun place to hang around, right?

RM150 for starting and RM75 for renewing... Seriously don't think it will be a burden to anyone here...

I know I am the first few to say I will register myself but I did not due to overlooking the matter and did not do follow up with my wife as I already inform her to print and bank in the money to the account...

I will have this matter personally done by next week...

Let's not let the fire deep down inside be poured off... Let's register ourselves and START PLANNING!

TomJB;238998 said:
I truely understand the difficulties and all sort here... Hence, I think if we are enjoying here in the forum, why don't we just be a pay member right? If they don't get enough support, we might even lose this fun place to hang around, right?

RM150 for starting and RM75 for renewing... Seriously don't think it will be a burden to anyone here...

I know I am the first few to say I will register myself but I did not due to overlooking the matter and did not do follow up with my wife as I already inform her to print and bank in the money to the account...

I will have this matter personally done by next week...

Let's not let the fire deep down inside be poured off... Let's register ourselves and START PLANNING!

TomJB, Thanks for seeing the value of becoming an official member. When a regular forumer becomes an official member, it's actually helping the committee to garner more support from affiliates & sponsors which will directly benefit the members in due time. It's all a number game. The faster we grow, the better the benefits we'll reap. Hope to have you onboard as an official member soon.

No doubt, this is one of the fastest growing car club in the nation at this moment. And I'm not just talking about numbers of registered forumers but the number of paid up official members. Impressive :top:!

Top Bottom