Converting Chrome Trim to Shadowline

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

morpheus5039

Club Guest
Anyone has idea where to get it done in kl? Through painting or tape which one is better? I know there is OEM shadowline for sale but i think i can't afford it!I am going to convert all window trims and front kidney frame, any idea how much in either way respectively?My regular painter in my hometown dare not to do for me...If can also black out the chrome ring around the headlamp then the merrier!FYI, this is wat i mean:

Tape: Advantage is it is reversible, Disadvantage if not applied properly looks obvious.
Painting: Better quality finish but not reversible.
If you dare you can try DIY by removing the chrome trim, lightly sand it and then spray it yourself. Use matte or gloss paint depending on your preference.

no need for big budgets.

Options:
-go to a sticker shop, tell them to mask the chrome bits with matt black vinyl stickers which they always use.
-buy your own material and stick it yourself in strips wider than the trims. then overlap the following strips so you don't see the seam when the sun shrinks the material a little

with vinyl stickers, there will not be paint chips revealing the chrome patches to worry about

and they go everywhere, from your window trims, to the kidneys to the trims on the headlights

Top Bottom