Conversion M50B20, mechanic

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chewkies

Club Guest
Hi,Anyone know a good mechanic who can do a conversion of a M50B20 into an E30 318i and the estimate cost for workmanship?Thanks

chewkies..

there are a lot of good mechanic's around that can do your conversion..

estimate with the half-car, about RM10-12k.. before you that, start looking for parts that you will need to go with it..

regards.

HI Pussy...
looks like you also doin a conversion?My concern with the mechanic is the cutting of wires and connecting em back one by one...seems like a risky method...

Wow!...so how do you get to register a 1.8 to a 2.5???"special arrangement"?
anyways i think there's a safer way to plug the wires in...

conversion

pussy said:
chewkies, conversion.. this is my third conversion..

no wonder lah bro whenever i call u for sure u'll be at ah wai rite? cant wait to test drive on yr newly moded ride bro

Bailey said:
no wonder lah bro whenever i call u for sure u'll be at ah wai rite? cant wait to test drive on yr newly moded ride bro

I have to agree ah wai is a quite good mechanic, just that he is too damn far away from where i live.

He had installed my M3 cams, saw the workmanship, quite impress and at reasonable price.

He even asked my opinion could possible to open another branch at pg ? Sure i will support......... Comelah BM world !

chewkies said:
HI Pussy...
looks like you also doin a conversion?My concern with the mechanic is the cutting of wires and connecting em back one by one...seems like a risky method...

There is an adapter available for this conversion that will make the cutting and joining of wirings unnecessary, that is if you are willing to pay for it.

Yes ...thats wat i have in mind...you've got an estimate price?n where would one be able to get it locally?Thanks

yes, very expensive..

er , does your mechanic knows about the 2.0L M50 wiring problem ?

I was looking for one...still researching...but you could enlighten me though...wat'sthe wiring problem???

what the wiring prob?i m thinking to conv my e30 m20b25 to m50b20tu..what u guys think?

is it gonna be good?reason is i like the m50 smoothness.m20 feel like too noisy to me..

B20 will be a waste of time and money.

For E30 a minimum shd be a B25 otherwise dun bother. B28 or B30 even better...

how much of the cost of the conversions? m50b20 n b25, m52 etc2, n how about newer ones m54 n n52

Hi, ALL

Got a M50B20 engine come with original German ZF (5HP18) 5 Automatic speed gearbox including long shaft, axle etc for sale.

Has spent thousand of dollars to restore the engine to it's prime performance viz new MAF, starter motor, re-conditioned alternator, replaced new gasket for cam cover, intake manifold & throttle body and fully clean and service.

Will also giving the radiator, ATF inter-cooler, ABS & brake servo pump, etc if require.

Regularly service with use of high grade engine oil every 10k , flush & replace ATF oil every 20k.

This will be ideal for those 316/318 owner looking for upgrade

Looking at $6.5k (Negotiable):rock:

Pls pm me if keen

Top Bottom