CKD or CBU

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

daan

Club Guest
Hi,I just registered and this is my first post. I never had a udm before and when i checked my mirror last week, i'm getting old, so it's now or never. I have decided to give it a go, i have found 3 cars that fits my budget.1. CKD end 2000 318i with triptonic for 135k.2. Jap spec. year 2000 non triptonic 318i for 125k.3. Jap spec. year 2000 320i with triptonic for 135k.Please give me some of your opinion.DaaN

I tested the 318i CKD today, it seems underpowered. I also called the 320i guy but he said he's out of stock, next shipment in 2 weeks, so i guess i have to wait to test the 320i.

318i is 4 port and 320i is 6 port for sure it have more power yr 2000 with 150bhp and 318i is onky with 108bhp. Try to get a 325i if can it will give you 170bhp (for all M52 eng yr 2000)

The good thing of getting a CKD is that you could get the info of the track record here. Another thing you should look out is the condition of the car and millage. If everything is alright, I think you should go for the 320i. Gives you more HP and tougue..... :D ...May I know where did you go and see the 320i as I have seen one and wanted to buy before...but luckily I change my mind and bought an pre-registered one from AB. Lately I went back to the shop and still see the car there....Found that there is something wrong with the electronic sensors.....It was a silver Jap Spec 320i going for the same price......PM me if you want more info on this... :)

Good Luck....and once you got it...it's worth the price..... :wink:

Originally posted by Stepheno@Oct 5 2005, 12:15 AM
The good thing of getting a CKD is that you could get the info of the track record here. Another thing you should look out is the condition of the car and millage. If everything is alright, I think you should go for the 320i. Gives you more HP and tougue..... :D ...May I know where did you go and see the 320i as I have seen one and wanted to buy before...but luckily I change my mind and bought an pre-registered one from AB. Lately I went back to the shop and still see the car there....Found that there is something wrong with the electronic sensors.....It was a silver Jap Spec 320i going for the same price......PM me if you want more info on this... :)

Good Luck....and once you got it...it's worth the price..... :wink:
i will always go for the CKD, dunno why, hate those Jap's specs which has japanese words all over the place and weird specs, did have with all those gadgets which cant find their place here...even the obc is in japanese, damn....

Thanks for the input guys. I've tested the CKD 318i, i feel it's kind of underpower, especially at the traffic light. I think my 1.5 manual Wira can do much better than that. But the ride is awesome.

Dealer said the 320i should be ready for test drive next week so i'll keep you guys posted.

BTW, i'm in Kuching, i haven't found any CKD 320i or 323i, most dealer onlt have recon.

Top Bottom