Check control panel mind sharing ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ZeNeGeR

Club Guest
I have a few thing pop up from control panel here1) Check Brake light ( on / OFF) some times appear most time not appear2) Low beam Failure ( on / OFF) some times appear most time not appear3) Latest just found out today ( washer fluid low) Can anyone help to explain why ?

1. You have a loose connection at the brake light. Common on the E36. A few MacGyver type solution is available.
2. Not sure. Could be a loose connection at the bulb like number 1 too.
3. washer fluid low - check your sensor at the washer tank. It should be pointing up (the wire is at the top level)

sometimes the sensors get dirty over time, esp the water fluid sensor.
the brake sensor could be a faulty brake light switch which is too damn common on all e36's..

Originally posted by ZeNeGeR@May 16 2005, 02:13 PM
I have a few thing pop up from control panel here

1) Check Brake light ( on / OFF) some times appear most time not appear
2) Low beam Failure ( on / OFF) some times appear most time not appear
3) Latest just found out today ( washer fluid low)

Can anyone help to explain why ?
3. washer fluid low

Add washer fluid!

Or, if the light still comes on when the fluid level is full, the sensor is faulty (which happens quite often...)

change the sensor... the mcgyver solution did not last too long on mine; i wouldn't bother...

for the E36, USUALLY it's on the left side behind the left side headlamp if you are facing the front of the car. It's in a white/off-white canister. Just fill her up.

If you still get the warning, check the sensor and make sure it's positioned correctly (wire and sensor facing up)

I realise I didn't have many problems with faulty sensors in my ex-E36 but have encountered it a few times in my E46. It's too freaking expensive to replace faulty sensors!! but it happens!!!

Top Bottom