Change rim and tyres

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

goldfish

Thinking of changing my 525I M-sport rim and the runflat tyres to M5 rim (19') with Michellin tyres. Wondering my type of car can take the type of rim, which are different size as compared with front and rear? Anyone has changed can offer opinion. Btw, whether the warranty will be void???

based on experience, your warranty will be void but better for you to double check with your dealer.

I had 19' previously on my E39 525i. Looks great but never enjoyed the ride. I had 275/30 on the back and it really affected the performance of the car, especially during pick-ups and traffic jams (which is so common in KL). No doubt it provides better road holding and definitely looks great but I wouldn't recommend it if your ride is used daily. If your ride is a weekend car, then can seriously consider.

goldfish,

How are you planning to get rid of the 18s that comes with the car? i was thinking of the same too, to upgrade to the 166s M5 type rims prolly with Michelin PS2, but i've only got offered 6k for my current 18in 135M with the dunlop runflats.not quite the bargain i would say.

Originally posted by jchan@May 22 2006, 12:59 PM
I had 19' previously on my E39 525i. Looks great but never enjoyed the ride. I had 275/30 on the back and it really affected the performance of the car, especially during pick-ups and traffic jams (which is so common in KL). No doubt it provides better road holding and definitely looks great but I wouldn't recommend it if your ride is used daily. If your ride is a weekend car, then can seriously consider.
haiiyaaa!!!sure lor never enjoyed...275/30???...in malaysia?with our beloved malaysia road surface?.....e39..for me minimum was 45 series :D

guys if you want to sale off your M-sport tyre and rims pls PM me. I am interested. Because mine does not come with m-Sport tyre.

Top Bottom