Central Locking

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

koolio

Club Guest
Hi all,I had encountered a locking problem on the driver-side door. I could lock it when i leave the car, but when i unlocked the car, the driver-side door doesn't get unlocked. while driving the car, when the car reaches 20km/h, the central-locking kicks in, but doesn't lock the driver-side door. when i used the key to unlock the door, i got the turn the key a little faster to get it to unlock.Has anyone encountered similar problem? any advice would be very much appreciated.

if i am not mistaken the fuse is playin up..check the fuse properly and see whether if it is fused..(sometimes the fuse is fused but not totally..therefore check properly..take it out..put a new one in and check your central lock again)

dvng, thanks for suggestion. will check out the fuse first thing in the morning.

btw, any idea how to change the red LED bulb that's attached to the bottom of the rearview mirror? the bulb doesn't light up at all when the car is locked.

dvng,
checked the fuse and changed new fuse, but still same problem. was told by a mechanic that it might be that mechanism in the door panel that pushes the locking device that's faulty. will take the car to another shop for 2nd opinion.

Fuse will affect entire central lock ,but ur case relate only to driver side, ur mechanic could be right and that mechanism lock is quit expensive.You still need ur old key barrel to fit to new one.

If you like to explore , try do realignment on the servo ( i've this on my e32) it could help.But I'm not sure about ur E ...( what's ur's ) and it also may have issue with door lock barrel itself (need lubricate)

Cheers

Iqlima,

thanks for advice. mine is a E46. the mechanic did mention about the door lock barrel, which may still work after some lubrication. will try that if it works.

cheers.

Top Bottom