Center Locking

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Jimot

Club Guest
HI everybody,Yesterday i got one problem from my car E30.My problem is center locking not function?I've alarm lock ...it's happen suddenly.. after locking my door with use alarm lock. After i want to get my car back i unlock the key alarm, but my center lock not function. And there is one lock can open by use a normal key at the passengger door to open....So what i have to do with this problem. Can anyone help on this problem.? Can somebody teach me how to manage and fix this.....Thanx

Need to have more info-

1.Is your central locking system the standard one from BMW?
2.What type of alarm system do you have?
3.Has your central locking system been modified in any way?

Assuming that you have the standard central locking system and that your alarm system is tapped into this system then there are three possibilities:

a)the driver's door lock motor is faulty
b)the central locking module (inside RHS footwell panel) is faulty
c)the central locking system is not getting the 'unlock' signal from your
alarm system

You need to verify the above one by one to find the fault. Items a & b above can be quite expensive to replace if bought new - so check it out carefully.

Originally posted by elwine30@Aug 11 2005, 01:59 PM
most likely is item b mentioned fireblade.

just get it changed. :)
I've had similar prob. 2 years ago. Richard at Milan Motors in Tmn Sungai Besi, whom I go to for all my ride's electricals, fixed it by simply resoldering. Incidentally he also owns a beautiful e30 320i. If u don't already hav a regular wireman, I'd recommend u visit him. :D

I got almost similar problem before and it is actually one of the connector pin at driver's side door already corroded and snap off a few mm. Sometime i have the full circuit, sometime don't. it is really difficult to find it cause it happen intermittently most of the time when i have a friend with me. Really embarasing.

Hope this help. Good luck

Top Bottom