carwash accident

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BMW9700

Club Guest
went to the local car wash...while the worker was using the power jet, i noticed that it was not too powerful as previously..all of a sudden, while washing the bonnet the noozle shoots out from the unit and onto the bonnet...dented the bonnet, chipped paint off bonnet and bumper..i just had the car resprayed about 2 months ago and this happens...no use asking compensation as this is a very small outfit.. lesson: be very careful to which car wash you take your car to...if it was a big company eg Eunos car wash etc, there is a chance of repair paid by them.. :( :(

Originally posted by BMW9700@Dec 13 2004, 01:25 PM went to the local car wash...while the worker was using the power jet, i noticed that it was not too powerful as previously..all of a sudden, while washing the bonnet the noozle shoots out from the unit and onto the bonnet...dented the bonnet, chipped paint off bonnet and bumper..i just had the car resprayed about 2 months ago and this happens...no use asking compensation as this is a very small outfit.. lesson: be very careful to which car wash you take your car to...if it was a big company eg Eunos car wash etc, there is a chance of repair paid by them.. :( :(
did you complain to the boss... you should.. small outfit or big outfit does not matter. If want to do business, they must take care of other people property. One of the thing is to maintain their equipment properly.

Agree with Jarance. Smaller outfits should be even more careful with their customers. If they are already damaging customers' cars when they're small, imagine when they grow big. They wouldn't want to loose the only '10' customers they have. Even if they do not compensate in monetary value, at least demand for a full wax and polish job and a free car wash every 2 weeks. Good luck... ;)

I have stopped going to carwash (now washing the car meeself) due to the following reasons :1. The BRAKES !!!! They don't wait for the brakes to cool down and spray the water onto the hot discs directly...arrgggghh!!!!2. Water pressure too high. I remember that for carwash the pressure need to be reduced to around 500-600 (can't remember the units), this is from the manual of my pressure washer at home.3. The cloth - needless to say, some are so worn out & hardened which causes the swirlmarks and even scratches4. The wiperblades!!!! Some carwash centres use the rubber from wiperblades to dry the car...arrggghhh!!!!!

Originally posted by BMW9700@Dec 13 2004, 01:25 AM went to the local car wash...while the worker was using the power jet, i noticed that it was not too powerful as previously..all of a sudden, while washing the bonnet the noozle shoots out from the unit and onto the bonnet...dented the bonnet, chipped paint off bonnet and bumper..i just had the car resprayed about 2 months ago and this happens...no use asking compensation as this is a very small outfit.. lesson: be very careful to which car wash you take your car to...if it was a big company eg Eunos car wash etc, there is a chance of repair paid by them.. :( :(
sorry to hear of the untoward incident that happened to you car. Maybe you should go back there and ask for some kind of compensation or at least give them a piece of your mind for all that is worth. I can imagine how much heartache and mental anguish you have to go through, considering you've only recently resprayed the car.

Originally posted by OSFlanker@Dec 13 2004, 10:54 AM I have stopped going to carwash (now washing the car meeself) due to the following reasons :1. The BRAKES !!!! They don't wait for the brakes to cool down and spray the water onto the hot discs directly...arrgggghh!!!!2. Water pressure too high. I remember that for carwash the pressure need to be reduced to around 500-600 (can't remember the units), this is from the manual of my pressure washer at home.3. The cloth - needless to say, some are so worn out & hardened which causes the swirlmarks and even scratches4. The wiperblades!!!! Some carwash centres use the rubber from wiperblades to dry the car...arrggghhh!!!!!
yeah... unfortunately that's what we have to put up with for being too lazy to wash our own car.... and I am one of those LAZY bugger :( No wonder my car can never be as pretty as those of yours out there.

The main reason why I've resorted to washing my car every morning.. Some 'exercise' before getting into work.....Cannot tahan the half-measures taken by all these jokers.. sometimes water marks are evident from using dirty cloth to dry the car... GRR!!

Sorry to hear this pal...Well i agree that even tho they are a small establishment but some kind of compensation should be arranged ...cheers :D

Originally posted by OSFlanker@Dec 13 2004, 10:54 AM I have stopped going to carwash (now washing the car meeself) due to the following reasons :1. The BRAKES !!!! They don't wait for the brakes to cool down and spray the water onto the hot discs directly...arrgggghh!!!!2. Water pressure too high. I remember that for carwash the pressure need to be reduced to around 500-600 (can't remember the units), this is from the manual of my pressure washer at home.3. The cloth - needless to say, some are so worn out & hardened which causes the swirlmarks and even scratches4. The wiperblades!!!! Some carwash centres use the rubber from wiperblades to dry the car...arrggghhh!!!!!
i totally agree with you...been doing the same thing for so long already...WRT no. 4....yeah, what's up with that?...it happened to me also :D

Sorry to hear abt your misfortune.I wonder whether that cud been avoided at 1st place?Jarance, Now u know y its better to have own car wash....like me..kekek

i m not sure if i will be able to get compensation...dont want to persue the matter further..might just get a few free washes....but thats the last time i go there..next wash at HB for sure!!!more importantly let this be a lesson and experience to all fellow forumers..

apart of those pointed out my members in ere ... another frequent problem i face wiv these 'local car wash' r wiv my carpet mat locks.they either :1) snap the carpet out w/o even unlockin the lock 1st and/or ;2) they unlock the carpet mat before takin out the mats, but FERGOT to put em back on....yes guys, im short of 3 carpet mat locks, does anyone hev xtra eh?rgds, B)kahar abdullah

Originally posted by mctnesh@Dec 14 2004, 10:45 AM Sorry to hear abt your misfortune.I wonder whether that cud been avoided at 1st place?Jarance, Now u know y its better to have own car wash....like me..kekek
Wash at HB including vacuum for RM8.00. I usually wash the car with MQ shampoo myself. If in a rush, then sent to shell petrol station at tmn eng ann for about rm6.00. :p

Originally posted by jarance@Dec 15 2004, 10:56 AM [Wash at HB including vacuum for RM8.00. I usually wash the car with MQ shampoo myself. If in a rush, then sent to shell petrol station at tmn eng ann for about rm6.00. :p
wash at HB inc vacuum only RM8.00???these F*%#*& @ charge RM14 for wash and vacuum..they have a price list which my E46 fall into the category of contenental car RM 14...the perdana which is bigger than E46 is only RM12.00now i am really pissed off!!!!!!!!!!

I wud prefer to wash my cars myself. Have never tried car wash before... with the exception of HB which I will try when I get back from the East Coast for good.

Top Bottom