CAR TRADE & Auto Bavaria

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

twinpiped

Club Guest
Bimmer owners/ lovers.. i have heard recebtly in the news... that there were some sort of disputes between these two super dealers... reading some of the threads on this website, i noted that CT is an importer of CBU models only... My question is:1. Is CT and AB related at all - in terms of business corporations... co - owning each other etc...? An article on Autoworld mentioned that CT is an extended dealer of Autobavaria... so - my confusion starts there..2. Does it mean that AB only sells CKD models of bimmers, or does it sell both CKD & CBU. 3. CT sells only CBU models of the bimmers. True / False4. Where do dealers that does not carry the name CT or AB sit? There are a few dealers with names like "See Soon Trading" etc... example only.. ae these related to CT or AB in anyway?5. Is there a price difference between bimmers sold at CT & AB.6. Do both dealers, CT and AB carry exactly the same portfolio of models from bimmers?7. Based on numbers alone, I think there are more AB than CTs and minority dealers combined.... in malaysia at least...Would appreciate if answers to the questons above are given according the numbers for each question...

As far as I know, there is no dispute between the two.
To answer your questions - correct me if Im wrong:
1. They are not related- different share holders. AB is own by Tractor(Sime Darby) and CT by Dato Alias and Pn Zaharah
2. Both sell cbu and ckd. AB is the authorize assembler
3. False, as I bought my E46 328 from CT
4. CT is the Franchise AP holder for BMW. Meaning they supply BMW car to all authorize bmw outlet. Different from grey importer- they hold general AP, that is why AB dont accept grey imported car for repair - for warranty purpose
5. Thats depend I suppose. How much you are willing to squeeze your margin or throw in. But, it must have some kind of control price
6. Yes. refer to no.4
7. Agreed, coz AB is authorize ckd assembler - the affordable one
Thanks

If a car is bought from CT, can it be service at AB workshop? Would there be any difference in the charges?

I will be servicing my car (purchased from AB) @ Cartrade tomorrow. According to a Cartrade salesman, BMW MAlaysia has directed that all dealers service all BMWs without surchages.

Originally posted by AlexC@Oct 6 2005, 05:58 PM
...According to a Cartrade salesman, BMW MAlaysia has directed that all dealers service all BMWs without surchages.
Hey this is good news for all BMW lovers.

..err..what about reconds ah? :)

Cartrade will no longer be an importer of BMWs.

The right is now fully AB's.

Cartrade will be bringing in a Swedish Supercar instead.

Originally posted by musclehedz@Nov 17 2005, 09:15 AM
Cartrade will no longer be an importer of BMWs.

The right is now fully AB's.

Cartrade will be bringing in a Swedish Supercar instead.
really? ;) I need to stop snoozing at meetings la! hehehe...

really arrr??can ask my old neighbour la...hes the cartrade "man"(dato' alias)...got a lot of udms at his hse... :D ,nice ones...couple of m3s... :nyehehe:

drove past the showroom last Sat... appears as though everything is normal wat... lots of cars sitting around etc.

Originally posted by artyca@Nov 21 2005, 10:29 AM
drove past the showroom last Sat... appears as though everything is normal wat... lots of cars sitting around etc.
Those lots of cars from what I know are warranty claim cars.

I was very surprised to know what sort of problem the new BMWs from leaking weather seals to a gearbox problem and it's not just 1 or 2 units, its a lot. All under warranty claim. Didn't know that new BMWs face so much warranty claims like other cars.

Top Bottom