Canadian F1

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Lee36328

Club Guest
SPOILER ALERTRead no further if you did not watch the 1 am race this morning and would like to catch the repeat.What a race! At the start, Alonso braked too hard and sliced through the corner rally style and dropped to third behind Heidfeld.Button could not even start his Honda.Robert Kubica is ok after his dramatic crash on lap 28 at the L'Epingle hairpin. He seems to have clipped Trulli's Toyota and went airborne, heading straight for the solid wall on the inside of the hairpin. His BMW disintegrated and what's left of the car bounced off the wall and slid back across the track. You could see Kubica's helmet flopping helplessly as the car barrel-rolled across some oncoming cars, which had to swerve frantically to avoid the debris. It hit the other wall before the momentum was fully diminished. All that was left was the chassis shell lying sideways with Kubica motionless.Trulli, perhaps compromised in the incident, would later crash into a barrier as well.In total, there were so many incidents the safety car came out 4 times. I think the safety car driver was awarded some race points.Alonso would do the same slide in turn 1 on laps 14 and 19. It was as if he could not believe why he slid and had to try it again and again.Alonso was overtaken by Sato in the final lap and dropped into 7th. How often does that happen? Sato must have been pleased. All of Japan is celebrating.Massa and Fisichella were both black-flagged out of the race.There was a team (I think it was Super Aguri) where the car came into the pits and had to wait before the crew realised what was happening and came scrambling out!The conclusion - Lewis, Heidfeld, and Wurz. Lewis is now 8 points ahead of Alonso in the Driver's World Championship. He takes his maiden F1 victory in only his 6th race.If the race was scripted by Hollywood, they could not have made it any better.

What are the chances of a rookie being the world champion?:D

Hmm, what happened to the Prancing Horses?:confused:

I think Nick Heidfeld is sleepy la....safety car came out so many many time and still he cannot close the gap.

BMW needs crazy driver to win.

Zoggee;222232 said:
I think Nick Heidfeld is sleepy la....safety car came out so many many time and still he cannot close the gap.

Crazee driver like Zog? Problems is, Zog will be going round in circles making donuts rather than round the track....:D :D

Cabuts....

I forgot to mention one more thing.

How about that synchronised drifting/spinning by Rosberg and Truli? Quite a sight.

Lee36328;222261 said:
I forgot to mention one more thing.

How about that synchronised drifting/spinning by Rosberg and Truli? Quite a sight.

Yeah...saw that too.

Zoggee;222232 said:

On the current F1 grid, I think Nico Rosberg is an excellent driver which will fit into BMW perfectly. He is fast and German too.:)

I had a lot of fun watching this race although I'm suffering in the office now. I agree with Zoggee that Heidfeld should have taken advantage of the safety car interventions a bit better! He could have won it and how nice would that be for a infant team like BMW Sauber!!

ALBundy;222277 said:
On the current F1 grid, I think Nico Rosberg is an excellent driver which will fit into BMW perfectly. He is fast and German too.:)

Is Nico that good ah?

As for Kubica..
It'll be a miracle if he can comeback and whoops ass.....his crash was super scary.
I agree...he is good.

I still think Heidfeld is sleepy la....or is he short sighted.?Damn pissed, he didn't eventry to intimidate Hamilton when the safty car was out.

As for Alonso...luck was not at his side. Stop and go penalty and still lost control.

Just like me and XXX la.... at the last night gokart outing. I dun care...you want to catch me...well,bump me out of the way la.c1p3k.....:p

high 5 for Hamilton. He is the man. May he win again.

Kubica's crash was pretty horrific..flying airborne at 190kmh and crashing into the wall and consistently rolling around helplessly. Team told hamilton on the radio that kubica suffered a broken leg but he's alright.

Kudos to FIA's car n driver safety regulation.. wonder what will happen to kubica's neck w/o the HANS kit.

Zoggee;222303 said:
Is Nico that good ah?

high 5 for Hamilton. He is the man. May he win again.

Nico needs a good car that is capable to showcase his driving talent. As Hans Stuck mentioned couple of years back, the biggest mistake he made so far is not driving for BMW Sauber!:)

Hamilton proved he is the real deal. Interesting how he managed to outdrive Alonso in the last two races.

It would have been awesome if Schumi is still around.

OSFlanker;222313 said:
Did you guys see the Honda City overtaking the Mercedes AMG near the end? hehehe

the same Honda City overtook the Enzo Ferrari earlier too..

Ya long live Honda ....BMW Sucks ...and so does Toyota...hehehheheh

Off topic.....

I noticed that our local Star managed to report the race results in today's edition although the race ended pretty late this morning (Almost 3, I presumed).. I first realized it on Sunday when the Qualifying results were published on both the Star and NST. But didn't expect the race results to be published today. I recalled that the qualifying and race results for Canadian and US GP would be published 1 day late in previous years.. Looks like they've managed to cut the lead time to only a couple of hours...

XXX;222359 said:
Ya long live Honda ....BMW Sucks ...and so does Toyota...hehehheheh

I love it when Sato,my fav overtaking Alonso.

for me in F1 with the current BMW Drivers....cheh:mad:

Ralf seems to be loosing his aggresiveness,like and old wolf that got no fangs....bikin malu Toyota.Red Bull's David Coulthard and Webbers( is webber with redbull ah?) performs better then him.

Coulthard is driving Adrian Newey's car. A Newey car apparently takes 2 season to come into the fore, and this is the 2nd season. Adrian Newey was the reason why Kimi was so fast in the McLaren 2 seasons ago.

Last year's hand-me-down Honda seems better than the current can't-even-start Honda driven by Button. At the start of the season, Button was profiled in the F1 magazine. He was saying this was finally his year to win the championship. Ah, well.

Here's why Kubica "sprained his ankle."

It's a blessing the ankle is still attached to his leg, sprained or not.

756387019.jpg

Top Bottom