Can we install VANOS

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

castelo

Club Guest
hai all the sifu's and otai here..i have one question..my car E36 2.0 engine non vanos engine.can i install vanos for this engine.please advise me.thanks you

Dont think so you can add Vanos to an non-vanos engine.

The present ECU of E36 does not control vanos as well

The entire header structure is designed differently.. can u fit an elephant's head to the zebra body?!

What u see here is the VANOS related components.. imagine pasang this to your existing E36 block.. :1:

double_vanos.jpg

yes, you can... but only if your engine was runing 2.5cc, then posibble, but you will need vanos engine wiring, vanos bosch #413 non ews dme, both the cams, vanos unit, valve and solenoid and piping, some grinding on the front of the head, etc

But with all this, better off buying a original 2.5cc with vanos.. cheaper in the end...

pussy;659931 said:
yes, you can... but only if your engine was runing 2.5cc, then posibble, but you will need vanos engine wiring, vanos bosch #413 non ews dme, both the cams, vanos unit, valve and solenoid and piping, some grinding on the front of the head, etc

But with all this, better off buying a original 2.5cc with vanos.. cheaper in the end...

Good idea go for 2.5TU.Then can stroke to 2.8 /3.0 cc .Hee hee

ooo thanks guy for your opinion..used this first and get the better engine later..

try to get double vanos and turbo too next time for change the engine..hehehee...

thanks guy..

Top Bottom