Can the cd player in a 5 series handle MP3 and WMA files burned onto a cd-r/cd-rw?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

quiksilve

Club Guest
Can the cd player in a 5 series play MP3 and WMA files burned onto a cd-r/cd-rw?Haven't got time to test it out, the auxiliry out i heard doesn't work as good when plug with an I-pod, as i don't have an I-pod at the moment so can comment much on this.A friend told me to use the FM transmitter easier and better reception if using an I-pod.So hope the Sifu and Masters out there can help me out there to clear some of my questions.Thanks and cheersQS

QS,

A HU must be able to decode MP3 or WMA tracks in order to be able to play it. I doubt that the stock HU of the 5er or 3er can do that. Perhaps we should wait till we hear it from a 5er owner.

Cheers,

i sometimes drive an e60 530d cbu.. manual says got mp3.. but try play, cannot!! :mad:

I drive an e39 and the stereo solution was a tricky one. Can't remove the head unit due to interconnected electricals... I finally settled for a stand alone mp3/vcd changer (10cds) where I now have 2000+ songs on demand, controlled by an add-on lcd display control unit. The sound still comes through the antenna played on your stock head unit through FM freq... so u can use the stock HU to control volume. There are ready made solutions for ipod for beemers, u ought to look it up... but at the end of the day iPod and it's accessory are not for poor enthusiasts like me.

Top Bottom