brake system

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vman

Club Guest
hi guys/sifu's,need some input on brakes.i'm planning to replace pads n rotors soon. so far no decisions or preference has been made on make and performance. would really appreciate to hear ur thoughts/recommendations !!! was also looking at brembo rotors on mudah.my which cost rm350 or so. and how much of difference in performance would it be compared to OEM's mated with OEM pads. 325i(A) 1994hope to hear ur feedbacks. thanx guys

if you do track days,performance brakes makes a difference.if not,the stock will do just fine.i thinkk the 325i has vented discs in front.this is good enuff for road use and also for the occcasional lead footed drives.but hey....if cost no issue,and it gives you the good and warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing you have brembos to stop you....by all means....

moots;702367 said:
if you do track days,performance brakes makes a difference.if not,the stock will do just fine.i thinkk the 325i has vented discs in front.this is good enuff for road use and also for the occcasional lead footed drives.but hey....if cost no issue,and it gives you the good and warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing you have brembos to stop you....by all means....

haha. thanx for the input. no track days for me. but occasionally rempit here and there. having said that does the brembo rotors has a significant advantage over the stock rotor. coz if the difference is minimal , mind as well go for the standard 1. also i dont think there is much of price difference with stock rotors.

You can get the Brembo ones from Bavarian Auto or other stockist as well, might get a better price too. You'll be fine with those rotors and OEM or OE pads.

2wenty6;702396 said:
You can get the Brembo ones from Bavarian Auto or other stockist as well, might get a better price too. You'll be fine with those rotors and OEM or OE pads.

thanx 26. will heck out the pricing on the brembo's today. any input on performance ?? from what i've read from other forums, it was said that the oem's are uses a slightly softer material as compared to aftermarket and had the tendency to warp after numerous hard brakings. also due to its softness it does not last as long. also i have check mudah.my there is 2 types or rotors available for e36, which is the ordinary brembo rotor and brembo max with slots. any recommendations on this items

http://www.mudah.my/Brembo+disc+rotor+BMW+E36+325+328+front-12489600.htm
http://www.mudah.my/Brembo+Max+Disc+Rotor+E36+318i-12899451.htm

I'm using the blank Brembo rotors with Jurid (OEM) pads, just changed a few weeks ago. Don't have experience with OE rotors and pads, but if you ask me I'll tell you they probably have no distinguishable difference. I've heard that OE pads doesn't squeal when it wears down, but that is about it. I used Textar (also OEM) without any problems, and now on Jurid.

OE rotors are about 260 per piece (front) and OE pads are about 2xx a set (front), given the price difference with OEM, I didn't bother with OE rotors and pads.

If you want slotted rotors I'd go with ATE Power Disc because it has a nicer pattern :D Which was what I wanted to do initially but then I was on a budget so I just went with OEM all around.

i have four rotors and four calipers taken out from my e36 318i...should anyone be interested...

boyburhan;704735 said:
i have four rotors and four calipers taken out from my e36 318i...should anyone be interested...

im looking for some good oem front rotors.

boyburhan : so what setup ur on now ??

already installed the brembo rotors and OEM pads. brake feel very much similar to original, but alot smoother as previous rotor had a minor warping. other than its all good !!!

hey vman,
I am now using the 335i setup all round, with slotted discs. Braking power is definitely higher and stop faster than OEM setup.

boyburhan;717886 said:
hey vman,
I am now using the 335i setup all round, with slotted discs. Braking power is definitely higher and stop faster than OEM setup.

Do you mind elaborating on the setup? In terms of parts needed, and whether the installation is bolt on or requires some modification. I've heard commonly about the upgrade to e46 330 brakes, but this is the first time I've heard of a 335i retrofit. Thanks in advance bro.

ey 26...
330 and 335 are using the same setup which means it is simply plug and play for E36s. Bought em frm oyr own mr Ramsing...

Top Bottom