Brake Job

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

GasWombat

Club Guest
Left brake disc was squealing every now and then so had both front discs and brake pads changed today. Disc had thinned too much and not worth skimming.Ori brake disc RM258 X 2 = RM516Jurid Brake pads = RM285total = RM801 + Oil change (Total mineral oil, 15W50, at RM53 per 4-litre pack X 2) = RM106+ Oil filter = RM35+ Labour to install new discs and pads = RM90.total = RM231=====================================Grand total = RM801 + RM231 = RM1,032.=====================================* Time taken to complete job: 45 mins* Car: 325i* Two used brake discs can be sold to metal scrapyard for RM8. That's money for a plate of Hokkien mee and a drink, with change to spare.Sources=======1. Parts: Bavarian Auto Parts stockist, Segambut tel: 4043 3888.Has 4 branches namely in SS2, PJ (7876 5555); Subang Jaya (5635 0000); Cheras (9284 0000) and Kuantan (09-568 5555)2. Workshop: Somewhere in Rawangp/s: Curious to know if factory-fitted brake pads are Jurid. Are they?

It would be helpfull if you stated which 325i you have and also there is a thread where you can post maintenance cost of your car, which is located in the 3-series section

ori is textar or ate, I just change mine to EBC -F and ate-R for lower dust, so far so good....

EBC- got it for RM170 black stuff, ATE - RM100, workshop my hse, 2.5 hour job DIY....
This week end will chg the eng oil lah ...

WoW that's cheap!!

does ur sensor still ON?

i belip u need to send back for a reset lo :)

I notice the sensor only light up when the pad is nearly finish, when i take out mine left 2 mm but the light still not on yet. but i broke it when i try to remove. So have to change lah ...

Originally posted by pussy@Mar 28 2006, 03:40 PM
manage to get textar pads grade 1 for my car.. dammnnn goood.
where do you get it and how much? thanks

i think the sensor is around rm30 last time i got it have reconfirm with stuggart

tat is good!

thinking to change my rear disc pad

TNS...damm alot black dust on my 18 " bling bling RIM

look bad :(

Top Bottom