Brake hose

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

machinehead

Club Guest
soon I be changing my pad /disc and wonder do I need to change the brake hose which I did not change before since I got my ride in 1996. My current mileage is 210,356.

Change it. Rubber hoses dont last forever esp in our heat. Get the stainless steel braided ones. There's a world of difference!

Crymson;453991 said:
Will it be just change the hose? Need to change brake fluid also?

If you are changing the brake hose, change the brake fluid entirely also. Flush it the whole system. Brake fluid is not that expensive afterall.

In fact when you're replacing the hose, the fluid is gonna be all over. you HAVE to change the fluid

3er;453944 said:
Change it. Rubber hoses dont last forever esp in our heat. Get the stainless steel braided ones. There's a world of difference!

Kakimotor quoted me RM450.00(BF Goodrich 4pcs of hoses) for E36 318 .He even told me to get the 6pcs which cost Rm650.00.So should I buy the 4pcs or 6pcs of hoses? Any other place that I can get a better price?

Yes correct, the Pro-RS steel braided are as good as BF ones. I think it cost half of it. The last time i paid for it was less than RM 200

Run away from Legmotor!! :stupid::stupid:

Pro-RS from Rosedi is a decent product. I got it for Waja 3 years ago @ 300+ including installation.

machinehead;454871 said:
OK i will check it out at Rosedi. Is the 4pcs hose or the 6pcs hose suitable for my E36 318?

Its 6pcs for your E36 318i. Rosedi will be able to advise you.

machinehead;454871 said:
OK i will check it out at Rosedi. Is the 4pcs hose or the 6pcs hose suitable for my E36 318?

Erm... I think stock 318 with rear drum brake is 4 pc hose... only if rear disc brake, then it's 6 pc.... check realoem.

Top Bottom