Brake Discs & Pads - Ori vs "German"

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

azan23uk

Club Guest
Dear All Sifus,Called BA (Bavarian Auto) SS2 on the brake discs and pads for all 4 wheels of e39 530i MS. Discovered that the price for ori disc are approx RM300 per pc compared to approx. RM110 per pc for "German". Same goes to pads...RM390 per pair for ori compared to RM110-150 per pair for "German". Any distinct performance difference Ori vs "German" any of us experienced (braking "bite", wear rate, squeaks or warp prone). My heart goes for the cheaper German as my car is not my daily ride...more like weekend "geli" ride. Thanking all bros here.

wah bro....u got weekend 'geli' ride....i envy you.....

the ori pad of crs is better in bite,less dust (less wear rate) and have less vibration ie. slight vibration when coming to a stop.
if you do the occasional rempit...go ori la...lagipon yrs is 'geli' ride ...ensure u fit the best to enjoy the best during yr weekends....

moots;855753 said:
wah bro....u got weekend 'geli' ride....i envy you.....

the ori pad of crs is better in bite,less dust (less wear rate) and have less vibration ie. slight vibration when coming to a stop.
if you do the occasional rempit...go ori la...lagipon yrs is 'geli' ride ...ensure u fit the best to enjoy the best during yr weekends....

Thanks moots....I'm a slow driver la bro. When you feel "geli", cannot drive fast ma...dangerous...heh heh. Anyways, appreciate your input very much bro.

Get the original BMW rotors. Worth the money spent despite cost twice more. German OEM rotors is okay but doesn't last long. My ex-E46 Febi rotors only lasted 10k km before they warped and couldn't be skimmed.

Pads-wise, Texstar which is the manufacturer of the same exact pads as the BMW ones is good enough. It essentially the same except doesn't bear the BMW logo as per the original one.

Careful with textar pads as they are known to be noisy

always welcome a 'thank' if you like my post!

Mine just replace all 4 wheel brake pads...
Jurid from BA...
So far no issue..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Recommended ori in front, oem at rear to avoid squeaking noises after a few thousand km. Never compromise on this,

you guys should really try brembo. a little cheaper than ori but performance much better.

wingzee, anaksarawak...changed to "german" rotors and pads to the front only. Yes, my mechanic reminded me there could be premature warp and noises but insisted that there is little difference to braking performance. He knows I got a budget to follow after the big hole caused by the engine transplant.

deng99, I was quoted RM390 for front original rotors but I guessed the rear ones could be a couple of puluh ringgit cheaper.

volvos525i, those new pads I got were jurids. My old 528i also used jurids, Same like you, no problem so far.

ay39 & alantiong and all bros here..thanks for the valuable input. really appreciate it...

Top Bottom