Boston Acoustics Pro60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

stephen

Club Guest
Check it out at http://www.bostonacoustics.com/car/car_pro...&product_id=296 Seems KF Audio recently installed on a E46 coupe without modifications to the door. The good thing about this is that it is 6.5" woofer and not like my Focal Slims of 5" only. So the bass would be better for sure. Only problem is the price .... i heard > RM2k !!Speaker Size6-1/2"Rated RMS Power Handling125 wattsNominal Impedance3 ohmFrequency Response (±3dB in car)50Hz-22kHzMounting Cutout Diameter5" (127mm)Mounting Depth2-3/8" (60mm)Mounting Depth with Spacer2-1/16" (52mm)System Type2-wayCompetition 2-way car component system :6½" copolymer cone woofer with neodymium magnet 1½-inch voice coil RadiaVent® cooling and Twinstage™ heat sink for increased power handling Cast aluminum woofer basket 1" Type-M2 anodized alloy dome tweeter with slim AMD™ Separable and dockable crossovers VariMount™ adapter rings allow for fast installation Axis-, flush-, and angle-mount tweeter mounting kit

ah...that's one very expensive and powerful speaker set. I believe the coupe has much more mounting depth than the sedan...kinda forgot how much more...easier to mount a 6.5" in a coupe than sedan...

Ade's rite as I have seen this before. There's no way the Boston Pro mid is gonna fit into the front door location of a E46 sedan. I used the previous generation Pro 6 comps and the mid units are not exactly slim. But these are superb comps and will really shine with right sort of amps. But at RM 2K plus, it is way over priced ...

Cheers,

oic, can't fit E46 sedan. Sigh. Anyway, i can't change speakers again since i just got mine.

....why it cost > RM2k whilst on eBay it is stated new at USD299? How much will shipping cost to bring it to Msia i wonder.

usd 299 is about rm1076.40 (with an exchange rate of 3.6)
add packaging and shipping (not sure how much, but i dun think you can get it less than usd 100 for ground shipping)
add insurance, say usd 100
add tax of say 30% (let's just say, rm300)

how much is that again??? :dunno:

Yup ... the RM 2K plus price tag is too high but I remember someone saying that it cud be had for about RM 1K plus in the ICE forum. Shipping cost to M'sia or S'pore for a set of comps in box with USPS Global Express Mail is about USD 88.00 or so. Ship it into SIN and you've got the tax issue taken care off.

Stephen - not sure if the new Pro 60 mids are any slimmer than their predecessors but perhaps you wanna drop by KF and have a word with Siemen to confirm it.

Thanks,

Thanks,

hi stephen..

i believe the coupe that Uncle was telling u about is mine.

i went there last thursday and installed the followings:

1) Alpine V12 4 channel amp
2) Alpine type e subwoofer
3) Boston acoustics pro60

im still maintaining the existing HU and cd changer. it is true that no modification is needed to install the boston acoustics component set.

KF audio managed to get the perfect staging for my car.the sound from the boston acoustics is just SUPERB. however, the bass is not that loud enough to my liking. so, my next mod would be adding another amp to drive the sub, and change the original HU to alpine 9965 (c/w boluetooth and ipod line out)-- nice...

however, agreed with Stephen, KF audio's work is superb...very neat!
price.. yes agreed probably you can get cheaper elsewhere, but the workmanship and the level of expertise is high, especially the tuning part.

:D oh it is u. Is your setup based on your pick or Siemen's recommendation? Sounds strangely familiar ...... hehehe .... he recommended the alpine V12 4channel amp model 345 right? Good choice bro. I stinged on that and chose the cheaper V-Power 240 model. A bit regret la.

Hmm, why you chose type E subs ......that was my choice initially too.... didnt he recommend the JL Audios?

I think your Bostons are power hungry la. But dont get excited just yet. Let your system run in first. I think something like 30 to 40 hours.

For e.g. my Focal slim speakers not harsh anymore and sounds better everyday ..... the JL sub is also getting more ooomph everyday....but getting too much bass for my liking. My mid-bass is lacking and that is where your Bostons do the job. But not my budget la.

Cheers! We should meet up at KF Audio one day. PM me when you plan to visit next time.

hi stephen..

initially, i wanted to go for the alpine v series amp and focal component systems. however, as i was so worried about my mid bass, uncle made a few calls and finally told me that the boston can fit in my door panel without modification. when he mentioned about the price, i nearly drop, but i was willing to give it a try based on his recommendation.

since i opted for the boston, he then mentioned that the v-series will be too underpowered for the component set, therefore i chose the v12 amp. but, somewhere at the back of my mind, i kinda regret that i didnt take the zetec amplifier which he recommended over the v12.

sub?... he didnt mention anything on JL audio, i did ask him about your setup, but your kinda music is different than mine (im more on the hip hop and rnb type of person), therefore he recommended thia Rainbow brand. i tried the rainbow with my setup but i think i prefer the alpine type e. sounds better to my ears.

anyhow, im planning to go again in 1-2 days time to pick up my subwoofer box. i'll let u know.

cheers

:D aiya, you should have PM me to listen to my setup first. But Siemen is right, your kind of music my system can't deliver.

My Focals are not power hungry but your Bostons are. Well, if Siemen still setup the V12 amp for those Bostons, he should be right. Enjoy!

Top Bottom