Boot Cannot Fully Open Intermittently

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

echoesian

Club Guest
Sometimes it will open fully when long press the boot button on the car key but sometimes it is not. Do you guys all have this issue or just me ?

No don't Hv this neither on my unit. Maybe the actuator is partially working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happens to mine. Maybe it's the moisture that traps between the rubber lining of the boot especially after a rainy day.

It's irritating but happens once a while.

Happens all the time on my car and I believe its due to the stickyness of the rubber and the weak recoil of the spring adjustment. There's a thread here on how to fix this issue by adjusting the spring and it solves it.

seancorr said:
Happens all the time on my car and I believe its due to the stickyness of the rubber and the weak recoil of the spring adjustment. There's a thread here on how to fix this issue by adjusting the spring and it solves it.
The SC would not able to fix this? We need to do it DIY ?

echoesian said:
The SC would not able to fix this? We need to do it DIY ?
I tried asking once but they failed to fix and dare tell me the spring cannot be adjusted when we see online that it can be adjusted! Sometimes SC doesn't know everything about your car...

Actually they have the responsibility to find out how to fix it instead of just smoke you twice. If I would in your situation, I will escalate further !

JoyISBMW said:
They will replace the actuator for you takes 4-6 weeks for the part to come.
That's new, what did you say to them in order for them to replace it for you?

Join the TRJ group come out for TT and I will try to fix for ya.
See ya buddy :)

VyNNeR

Top Bottom