BMW X5 3.0i vs PORSCHE CAYENNE 3.6 (Both 2009 Model)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I would choose the Cayenne 3.6 if you were to compare with X5 3.0 petrol version. If the X5 is a diesel version, I'd go for the X5. This is one makes sense. 3.0L petrol X5 has always been underpowered no matter which model you go for.

There is mix responses on this subject on the web. Some says the porsche is using the VW engine. The Porsche is not as realiable as the BMW. The driving dynamics of the BMW is better than the Porsche. But, the Porsche has better brakes.

What do you guys think?

smz;432439 said:
There is mix responses on this subject on the web. Some says the porsche is using the VW engine. The Porsche is not as realiable as the BMW. The driving dynamics of the BMW is better than the Porsche. But, the Porsche has better brakes.

What do you guys think?

I would say both cars are not reliable. The only good thing about BMW X5 is that the parts are slightly cheaper than Porsche but more expensive than normal BMW sedan.
It doesn't matter which engine Porsche uses. The fact is, for a huge SUV normally aspirated petrol engine below 4000cc is insufficient. Same goes to BMW. Both car can perform with average standards. They are also big time guzzlers (no matter which engine variant) with the exception of diesel powered BMW and LexusRX450h (hybrid). Check out the new kid in town in the form of Audi Q5 2.0T Quattro. This car gives you more adrenalin rush and fun with half the price of a BMW X5.

Smz, both are great cars but i would choose the 3.6l cayenne which will inevitably give you a better pick-up than the 3.0l x5. I had the opportunity to own a 4.8l x5 when i was in dubai and i love every bit of the car especially its power and torque. The sound proofing is very good but the harman kardon sound system could have been better.

The Porsche is a little too 'PIMP' for my taste, and the 3.0d X5 does have 520nM of torque.....enuf said!

smz;432439 said:

What do you guys think?

Essentially the Cayenne is a repackage VW Toureg, sharing the same platform and other components.

I have driven both cars, and I will give the nod to the X5 with the driving dynamics and the newer technologies that come with it. If given a choice, I would also choose the X5 3.0 liter diesel which offers all the good attributes of a modern BMW diesel engine, and the superior handling that is always part of the BMW DNA.

Cheers

Thanks for all the feedbacks...........very useful! Is the X3 going to be replaced anytime soon?

smz;432977 said:
Thanks for all the feedbacks...........very useful! Is the X3 going to be replaced anytime soon?

They have stopped production for the X3. If you go to Autobavaria, only Premium Selection (second hand) is available. There are some spy shots in the you tube for the replacement model.

Agree the Q5 is the car to get for that range. Based on the specs, it'll even outsprint a E90 325i sports from 0-100 km/h. New improved engine, new improved DSG, fully CBU, panoramic roof option and below RM300k at base specs.

Yup, 10 months waiting list for the Q5.

Q5 is not the match for Cayenne and X5. Should compare it with the Q7. Test drove the Q5 - and it is fantastic, and price reasonable.

So, at the end who is the King of SUV......maybe it is the Range Rover.

smz;433659 said:
Yup, 10 months waiting list for the Q5.

Q5 is not the match for Cayenne and X5. Should compare it with the Q7. Test drove the Q5 - and it is fantastic, and price reasonable.

So, at the end who is the King of SUV......maybe it is the Range Rover.

Salim,
How r things?

what's the budget? how about a ML Kleeman 6.3L SC, but it's not new

Top Bottom