BMW unveils new variants

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

han8

Club Guest
CYBERJAYA: BMW Malaysia Sdn Bhd unveiled yesterday variants of eight models as part of its strategy to create more choice and variety for customers. Managing director Wolfgang Schlimme said: “Since we entered the Malaysian market, we have tripled the number of models and variants available in the market.” The eight models are BMW M6, BMW 130i, BMW 525i Touring, the 3-Series Touring, BMW 730Ld, the locally-assembled 3-Series sedan, Z4 Series and the MINI Series. The 3-Series Touring consists of the 2-litre petrol and 2-litre diesel versions while the Z4 has 2-litre and 3-litre variants. The locally assembled vehicles are the 320i Standard, 320i Special Edition and 325i. The MINI Series offered are the Seven, Park Lane and Checkmate versions. BMW also unveiled its latest Motorrad motorcycle range – the K1200R, K1200S, R1200ST, R1200RT, R1200GS and HP2 Enduro. The BMW and MINI cars are priced from RM166,888 to RM1mil. The company had also introduced GPS Navigation as well as other innovations like head-up-display, BMW Night Vision and high beam assist, Schlimme told a press conference yesterday. Meanwhile, under its service programme, the premium carmaker is giving customers free maintenance and scheduled servicing for three years or 60,000km, whichever comes first. Schlimme said the programme would help sustain the second-hand value of BMW vehicles. The company is also expanding and upgrading its dealer network. Auto Bavaria Segambut and Auto Bavaria Sungai Besi are expected to be opened in new updated design and dimension in the next few months. The company also has appointed three new dealers. Sapura Auto, sited in Jalan Tun Razak, will open in the next quarter, while Tian Siang (in Ipoh) and Ingress Auto (in Damansara) will start in the first and fourth quarters next year. On completely-knocked-down (CKD) operations, Schlimme said BMW had invested RM40mil in the Shah Alam plant since 2003 to assemble the 3- and 5-Series. He said that for CKD to be viable, 800 to 1,000 cars of the selected model had to be sold. On the lower July vehicle sales, he said the weakness could be due to seasonal effects. “I do not believe there would be dramatic changes by year-end,” Schlimme said.

Cool...they are bringing in the 130i!

Also Navi...awesome. Is there enough coverage to support the Navi, in Malaysia i.e. enough POIs, routes etc. database, to make NAVI useful?

ALBundy said:
Mini CHECKMATE???

In September 2005, Mini added three new variants to the existing range: the Mini One Seven, Mini Cooper Park Lane and Mini Cooper S Checkmate, in addition to the existing Pepper and Chili packages. The Seven, Park Lane and Checkmate models will offer unique specification, colours and trim with exclusive equipment and additional standard features.

The Mini One Seven has special Solar Red metallic paint, Seven cloth and Seven interior trim, Seven badges and 15" Delta spoke alloy wheels. A range of features that are normally optional extras will be standard equipment on the One Seven, including automatic stability control and traction (ASC+T), sports leather steering wheel, rear spoiler, floor mats, passenger seat height adjustment, storage compartment pack, front fog lights, air conditioning, trip computer, interior lights pack and white indicators.

The Cooper Park Lane comes with exclusive royal grey metallic paint, leather upholstery and interior trim, Park Lane badges, a silver roof, two-tone sports leather steering wheel, 16" Bridge spoke alloy wheels and silver bonnet stripes. Options which will be standard on this variant include ASC+T, rear spoiler, interior and exterior chrome trim, floor mats, passenger seat height adjustment, storage compartment pack, front fog lights, climate control, trip computer, interior lights pack, chrome mirror caps, front sports seats and white indicators.

The Cooper S Checkmate features special blue metallic paint, Checkmate cloth/leather upholstery and interior trim, Checkmate badges, silver roof and mirror caps, 3-spoke two-tone sports leather steering wheel, 17" Flame spoke alloy wheels and silver bonnet stripes. Optional extra that will be standard on the Checkmate variant include limited-slip differential, floor mats, passenger seat height adjustment, storage compartment pack, front fog lights, air conditioning, trip computer, interior lights pack, anthracite headlining and xenon headlights.

The three new models will join the existing four-model line-up of Mini Cooper, Mini Cooper S, Mini Cooper Convertible and Mini Cooper S Convertible.

The 320d Touring? Interesting. Very highly rated 163bhp motor. A good alternative to the ho-hum 320i...

And also the 730Ld... Looks like BMW is putting a lot of faith in our low quality diesel. As most of you would be aware, the diesel sold at Malaysian pumps has caused many a diesel car (especially high tech common rail diesels or high pressure diesels) to suffer from black smoke emissions. There's an E60 530d in my office car park. The owner's had the car for about 2 years already and interestingly it has yet to spew out black smoke unlike, say, Mercs with the CDI engines! I have also driven an E60 530d with about 15,000km on the clock. It has no smoking problem too!

bmFIVE said:
The Cooper S Checkmate features special blue metallic paint, Checkmate cloth/leather upholstery and interior trim, Checkmate badges, silver roof and mirror caps, 3-spoke two-tone sports leather steering wheel, 17" Flame spoke alloy wheels and silver bonnet stripes. Optional extra that will be standard on the Checkmate variant include limited-slip differential, floor mats, passenger seat height adjustment, storage compartment pack, front fog lights, air conditioning, trip computer, interior lights pack, anthracite headlining and xenon headlights.

With all the features, should have called it Cooper S Playmate!:D

MINI Cooper S Playmate, i mean - er, Checkmate....

060826BrunchAtBMW003_MOC.jpg

Top Bottom