BMW Style 67 18' Rims - Clarification needed...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

fairus

Club Guest
Dear sifoo's,I've recently changed my rims to Style 67 M Doublespoke 18' rims on my E46ci with specs below;Front: 8'x18' offset 47 - 225/40Rear: 9'x18' offset 26 - 245/35I have a few clarifications (unless it's normal) to make;1) The rear rims hit the fender only with rear passenger load, which I've adjusted the camber to -2.5 to avoid that. But I think original M3 don't have problem because it has a wider rear arch clearance compared to normal E46ci, is this true?2) I saw some adds on having an aftermarket rear camber adjuster to have more camber clearance adjustment compared to the stock (-2.5 is the max stock setting), will this aftermarket work fine as I may want to adjust more than -2.5 setup.3) The front rims works just fine, but the rim position was slightly inner due to offset 47. Does this similar to M3 as well? or for M3 even the offset is 47 its aligned with the front fender due to bigger brake calipers etc?4) How do I make the front rim position to be aligned with the front fender? wheel spacers? any other suggestions? or just let it be??In my assumption it will fit just nice to E46, since the Style 67 is an OEM model for M3...Other info before sifoo's replying;1) I'm using a soft/hard hi/lo adjustable2) My car model is E46ci 318i N423) Previous rim is front 8.5'x19' / rear 9.5'x19' offset 38 (ngam2 with the car body)Anyone out there mind to share with me in clarifying will be very much appreciated, thanks.

please also tell me if this is just a nightmare I've created for myself... when all the things are happen to be normal :p

hi ck318ci,

Thanks for the link... anyway I'm running on rear -2.5 setup let's hope it works fine with some rear passenger... I think my case is not so bad due to the adjustable absorbers I'm using...
The front it sinks like 2-3 inches inside the fender, the problem is I've seen some pics with same rims & the front looks different from what I'm having now...
so if it's normal I'll just stick to it or maybe run with spacers for front... just wanted to clarify hehehe..

anyone know any good place to roll the fender? I've been to Kin Alignment in Sunway, what's the feedback so far...
I last resort is to roll the fender n trim the rear bumper to have more clearance in using the et26 wheels...

Top Bottom