BMW genuine parts

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

machinehead

Club Guest
I have been sourcing parts from Bavarian Auto,Stuggart,First Division and Bomain Auto for genuine parts and best price and was told by one of the dealer nowadays the ' genuine' parts come from Thailand.China,South Afrika.So he told me not to waste money and buy compatable parts which is good enough.The reason I buy genuine parts is durability . Can anyone here be able to tell the genuine parts are from Germany ?

At the age globalisation, this is unavoidable. Most Jurid pads (ori as well) are made in Spain, thermostat is made in France and etc. I supposed as long as the BMW logo is there, the QC should be adequate to ensure its longetivity. Anyway, so far I have no problems using OEM products.

Originally posted by ALBundy@Jul 14 2005, 11:00 PM
At the age globalisation, this is unavoidable. Most Jurid pads (ori as well) are made in Spain, thermostat is made in France and etc. I supposed as long as the BMW logo is there, the QC should be adequate to ensure its longetivity. Anyway, so far I have no problems using OEM products.
I have encounter once with my water pump. I change it in one of the so call reputable workshop at Klang Lama :beaten: before they install the pump it look original as it has a BMW logo on it. But the shaft gave way after 10K. According to Bavarian Auto there is a batch of water pumps which are not genuine but it looks genuine. So never thrust the logo

Ah...imitation parts another story la. I know of some "imitation" or grade 3 Jurid brake pads which are not made in Spain but claimed to be. Upon installing it, the dreaded "squeaky" noise was there, got it replaced with original Jurid OEM and the noise was gone immediately.

ALBundy is right - OEM is not equal to imitation! Personally, I feel OEM is good enuff and the price difference for genuine parts is probably to pay for printing the logo! ;)

Yup, the lemforder parts are as good as the Ori. In fact if you get some lemforder parts, you could see some glazing or polishing to remove the BMW logo :)

Originally posted by ALBundy@Jul 15 2005, 03:19 PM
Yup, the lemforder parts are as good as the Ori. In fact if you get some lemforder parts, you could see some glazing or polishing to remove the BMW logo :)
bundy.... actually the "polishing to remove the BMW logo " is a trick. There is actually nothing there "no BMW logo". The dealer just glazing or polishing it so that it looks like ori BMW but with logo removed and sell cheaper oni. :ph34r:

Originally posted by ALBundy@Jul 15 2005, 02:19 AM
Lemforder radiators are assembled in Seri kembangan by APM. I have seen it when i did the machine installation there. So don't be fool that it is from South Africa.

Top Bottom