BMW E92 M3 CSL Caught Testing

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Man it looks good... Something about it makes it look much better than the stock E92 M3.

I can't wait to see how this performs. I heard it's gonna be a lot more hardcore that the standard M3 which a lot of reviewers have found to be too refined. Personally, I love the looks of the Alpina B3 E92, elegant yet fierce (except for the wood trims, yucks!). I heard that during a test, it outgunned an E39 M5. The acceleration of the B3 (with modified 3.0 twin turbo in the 335i) with 0-100 at 4.9 secs is just 0.1 secs shy of the V8 M3. Further, I was told the mods on the B3 is primarily software.

The CSL should have BMW's new double clutch semi automated electro-hydraulic transmission ala DSG. It will probably be lighter and have some extra ponies :)

ALBundy;245567 said:
The CSL should have BMW's new double clutch semi automated electro-hydraulic transmission ala DSG. It will probably be lighter and have some extra ponies :)

I think they coined it M DCT... I am sure there will be plenty of mixup of DTC and DCT lol. Why don't they just keep the DSG moniker?

Juan Powerblow;245824 said:
Perhaps, there's some Intellectual Property restriction. DSG is a VW / Audi terminology, no?

DSG developed by VAG mah... Other established manufacturers will not use the same name even if there is no restriction. They wouldn't want to be labeled Copycats... Just like the different names for variable valve timing.. BMW - Vanos, Toyota - VVT-i, Perodua Kembara DVVT.

waaaaaaaaaa.......so cuuunnnnn lorrr!!!!! wonder wats the price tag:rock: :rock:

mbm8800;245866 said:
waaaaaaaaaa.......so cuuunnnnn lorrr!!!!! wonder wats the price tag:rock: :rock:

me wonder too :D waa..but talkin about e92, damn sad case man. i havent even sat in one albeit testdrove one. does anyone drive the e92 in this forum?

Juan Powerblow;254091 said:
There are 3 E92 owners in this forum (including yours truly)! It drives very much like an E90, actually.

Dont be so modest John. The E92 is a beast...

The only problem is JPB has a very light right foot ;)

I see that its wearing different front and rear wheels...!!! Whats with that!!! Anyone? Or is it my eyes... camera...???

BlackCat

Juan Powerblow;254091 said:
There are 3 E92 owners in this forum (including yours truly)! It drives very much like an E90, actually.

OMG, you drives the e92? :p now that's an awesome ride la dei :)

Bimmer910;254107 said:
Dont be so modest John. The E92 is a beast...

The only problem is JPB has a very light right foot ;)

I totally agree. how can the e92 feels "just" like a e90 right? :D

Yeah, I drive an E92 323i, the other two E92s in our registry are 335i. That's even more awesome! I had an E90 325i for a month b4 getting my E92, so I can say that handling wise the E92 is only slightly better but that's about it. The E92 does generate quite a bit of looks but that is sometimes due to the fact that it's still quite rare in Malaysia.

Juan Powerblow;254817 said:
Yeah, I drive an E92 323i, the other two E92s in our registry are 335i. That's even more awesome! I had an E90 325i for a month b4 getting my E92, so I can say that handling wise the E92 is only slightly better but that's about it. The E92 does generate quite a bit of looks but that is sometimes due to the fact that it's still quite rare in Malaysia.

wow, why did u change ur e90 325i to the e92 just over a month? :p the gf dont like the "tak cukup" ganas look har? :D

yala, just like david, i'm all green eyed over now. just when i thought i have the coolest car around :p

honfaai;254904 said:
wow, why did u change ur e90 325i to the e92 just over a month? :p the gf dont like the "tak cukup" ganas look har? :D

yala, just like david, i'm all green eyed over now. just when i thought i have the coolest car around :p

Sorry, I have to clarify. AB extended me a courtesy E90 325i cos delivery of my E92 was delayed. I used the E90 325i quite extensively, so happens there was a number of outstation trips then for work. I think the E90 325i Sports looks great too. I might get one eventually cos my dad likes my E92 and wants to have it after retirement.

Juan Powerblow;254925 said:
Sorry, I have to clarify. AB extended me a courtesy E90 325i cos delivery of my E92 was delayed. I used the E90 325i quite extensively, so happens there was a number of outstation trips then for work. I think the E90 325i Sports looks great too. I might get one eventually cos my dad likes my E92 and wants to have it after retirement.

Juan, I think by the time you change to the E90 325i Sports, it will be the new facelift model as I think the new facelift will be out pretty soon next year.

David Yong;254988 said:
Juan, I think by the time you change to the E90 325i Sports, it will be the new facelift model as I think the new facelift will be out pretty soon next year.

Yup, that's what I'm gunning for cos I don't fancy the E60. Hopefully, the facelifted 325i will also have 230 bhp and I can have rematch witcha, hah!

El Presidente DY, any idea when the facelift is due out here? A business associate has expressed interest in my 325i Sports, so I might swop to a facelifted unit... :)

Top Bottom