BMW e90 320i - RON95?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmw.david

Club Guest
Dear all Sifu, I'm a newbie and have just registered myself here, going to own myself a bmw soon. : )But I have a question and need professional advice from sifu.I am intending to purchase a used 2007 e90 320i, I saw a unit, quite nice but there is one thing I am unsure as the owner did told that the car is running under petrol RON95. As I heard from some, that new cars are suppose to run RON97. So, my question here, is it going to damage the engine for e90 running on RON95? I am worry that after purchasing it I need to spend loads to repair it. Please advice. Thanks in advance.Kind regards, David

Most 3 and 5 series can run on unleaded petrol with RON > 91 based on standard manual book. so nothing to worry about. Just that RON 97 should be able to fully explore the potential of the bhp. (of course not all user agreed to this, but i did feel slight difference in pick up power between the two)

Even some of our members with 2010 F10s are running with RON 95s bro, dont worry too much. Enjoy the car.

routine/dly lif3=95
out-station = 97.
Obviously can feel the diff. in term of acceleratn and top speed.

Dear All sifu,

Noted, and thanks for the insights.

Btw, do you think RM130K for a BMW e90 320i year 2007 CKD (mileage 72,000KM),
Conditions: need a lil bit of touch up here and there in term of cosmetically.

Is it worth buying?

Please advice.

Kind regards,
David.

bmw.david;654469 said:
Dear All sifu,

Is it worth buying?

Please advice.

Kind regards,
David.

IMO, that's a very good price.

Use RON 100...buy Octane booster, pump RON97 and you can get 100....4 cylinder can perform like 6 cylinder yang diserang siput.....

My good fren tells me, under this method, if ure bald, your hair can grow back one!!!!

ssmann;654483 said:
My good fren tells me, under this method, if ure bald, your hair can grow back one!!!!

My friend, you are absolutely wrong repeat wrong on this one!!! No wonder you have what you have now as your good fren gave you wrong info. Must use VCO lah....

haha bro. Noted with thanks.

Will try out. I'm not bald but will bring someone who is bald with me for a ride :)

Cheers!

For me when i got my car i was using Ron95. There was certainly more vibrations, the engine sounded rougher and there was some slack in the acceleration where the pedal has to be pushed a lil harder.

Now I am on Ron97 as the difference between Ron95 and Ron97 is only around RM30 or 30%. I am a happy bunny.

ssmann;654483 said:
Use RON 100...buy Octane booster, pump RON97 and you can get 100....4 cylinder can perform like 6 cylinder yang diserang siput.....

walauweii ...yehhh ROM 95 ..stay away ... damm dangerous if mixxed .. :) even 6 cyclinder can perform like a V8 lorrr ....

Hikaru;654734 said:
For me when i got my car i was using Ron95. There was certainly more vibrations, the engine sounded rougher and there was some slack in the acceleration where the pedal has to be pushed a lil harder.

Now I am on Ron97 as the difference between Ron95 and Ron97 is only around RM30 or 30%. I am a happy bunny.

Agreed, except the difference should be 47% (RM2.8 v RM1.9) per litre instead of 30%.

EL118;654749 said:
Agreed, except the difference should be 47% (RM2.8 v RM1.9) per litre instead of 30%.

Opps my bad. I just keep that as a rough estimate in my head. Anyway, now the engine sounds smoother, less vibration and surges forward more positively.

Normally for my needle goes slightly below 1/4 and I top up a full tank, Ron95 will costs approx RM100 and RM97 will cost approx RM130. With inflation so high these days, the RM30 won't make that much of a difference.

bmw.david;654469 said:
Dear All sifu,

Is it worth buying?

Please advice.

Kind regards,
David.

Cheapest in town maybe...don't you curious why they are selling so cheap...

Hikaru;654775 said:
Opps my bad. I just keep that as a rough estimate in my head. Anyway, now the engine sounds smoother, less vibration and surges forward more positively.

Normally for my needle goes slightly below 1/4 and I top up a full tank, Ron95 will costs approx RM100 and RM97 will cost approx RM130. With inflation so high these days, the RM30 won't make that much of a difference.

You're filling the tank at different fuel levels.

RM100 @ RON95 = 52.6L petrol

52.6L petrol @ RON97 = RM147 not RM130

I'm being picky, its Friday afternoon.

When the petrol price for RON97 was RM2.9, my E66's big fuel tank of 88 litres, of which i cant use RON95 as the recommended fuel by the user manual is RON98. the petrol kiosk will cut off at RM200 before the tank is full. ( i refill with about 120km to go on range).

average mileage 13.5l / 100km. not too bad for such a big beast. thanks to N52 engine which is supposed to be more fuel efficient compared to M54 on my E39 which clock 12litre / 100km

Top Bottom