BMW Concept Gran Coupe

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
now this is another model that gets me drooling after my E60 :top:
mengancam habis :D they said that this model is rumoured to be direct competition to the CLS & A5.. some even said that it's almost like 8-Series replacement or 4-door version of the upcoming 6 Series... any opinion?

Hmmm...just saw this. I've started the same thread in the 'BMW Related Models' section..can you combine the thread together?

Oh well...

thule;516946 said:
now this is another model that gets me drooling after my E60 :top:
mengancam habis :D they said that this model is rumoured to be direct competition to the CLS & A5.. some even said that it's almost like 8-Series replacement or 4-door version of the upcoming 6 Series... any opinion?

haha yeah i agree, the E60 still causes drooling after all these years...not the A5 bro, the upcoming A7 :listen: if a 2 door version of this is what the next 6 series will look like, im gonna start saving from RIGHT NOW

haywire;516972 said:
Hmmm...just saw this. I've started the same thread in the 'BMW Related Models' section..can you combine the thread together?
Oh well...

haha found your thread as well bro...moderator please advise

initialM;517115 said:
Err just 1 Q, isn't coupe suppose to be 2 door???

Nope..there's a lot of models (not BMW) that has 4 door coupes. It not about the doors, its about the roofline and the 'missing' B pillar, as designed here. Its also about the sportiness of the design

I'll try to think of an example as none came up in my mind right now...but I have definitely seen others.

UPDATE: Audi A7 and the Merc CLS I think.

initialM;517176 said:
mmm very interesting on non existent of B pillar in 4 door coupe.

In this case it does exist, but only hidden by the design. if you see the photo closely you'll see the B pillar is hidden there

P90059857_770.jpg

recent article in the Autocar UK indicates that this car would most probably be the next top of the range BMW, sits above the 7 Series lineup. The car would be about the same length as the 7 Series, but lower and wider.

van Hooydonk says the design of the car is mostly completed, now its up to the marketing department to decide where to put it in its lineup.

Guess what?? When this car enters the production line, it's goodbye to CLS. Probably to Panamera too!

Anyways, gosh that's a very good looking car!

haywire;519686 said:
recent article in the Autocar UK indicates that this car would most probably be the next top of the range BMW, sits above the 7 Series lineup. The car would be about the same length as the 7 Series, but lower and wider.

van Hooydonk says the design of the car is mostly completed, now its up to the marketing department to decide where to put it in its lineup.

im assuming 7 series SWB...IMO this should be a 4 door version of the next 6, with the actual 6 having exactly the same design, minus 2 doors obviously :rock:

The E60 indeed causes drooling after all these years. I'd definitely to like have one of these in my collection.

Top Bottom