Bmw 320

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cars

Club Guest
Dear all,I am new here, I have a few question to ask about BMW 320. Hope you all provide some answer to me. All these while I am only familiar with Japanese cars, as I own Proton, Toyota and Nissan before.Recently a close relative went oversea for a long period of time as he is arranging for his migration, he ask me to take care 2 of his cars for him, one is BMW320 and the other is 2.4 Estima. I drive 2 weeks each and I like the BMW very much, it handle very different from the cars I driven before, I don’t know how to explain. I dare to take one of the corner that I everyday took at 140km/h while I don’t have confidence in my Camry at 100km/h at the same corner. I am not speed devil but I do attack corner sometime for fun of it.When my relative back from the long trip, he told me he got everything sorted out and whole family is going over by Dec this year. He offer me his cars, I can only take one. I like the BMW 320 very much but my wife wanted the Estima as that is our target (a MPV) for next car to come. I don’t like to drive such a huge arse around from Mon to Fri but I will need it in weekend for outing. If not because of this, my ideal hunting target will be a Toyota Wish.I want to ask you all:- What is the maintenance like for BMW320?- I search around in classified, I don’t see many 320, 318 there is a lot. Is it very rare over here?- I saw someone mention E30, E36, E46, E60 here, what is the meaning of these terms?Thanks

There are all many model for 320.. Which is the one ur fren has?
E30 (1983 - 1991)
E36 (1992 - 1998)
E46 (1999 - 2005)
E90 (2005 - )

fabianyee said:
There are all many model for 320.. Which is the one ur fren has?
E30 (1983 - 1991)
E36 (1992 - 1998)
E46 (1999 - 2005)
E90 (2005 - )

It is E46 than.

The E46 320i is not a CKD model. Definitely an import hence there are less units on the road.

fabianyee, import model is good or bad thing? I notice there is a 'tung' sound (quite loud) from below the car when gear drop from 3rd to 2nd, I ask the owner and he told me is like that since day 1, is it normal? Thanks for all the answer.

They are a few E46 320i in the forum... I'm not an E46 owner, just helping out.

Where do u stay? if you're in the Klang Valley, maybe you can join us for our Teh Tarik session in Bukit Jelutong this Friday night. We can help check your car too... ;)

I haven't confirm the car yet, so can't drive it out, even if I want it, it will be mine only in Jan 07. But I really enjoy the 2 weeks with it, it is like an affair, now I am back to my old boring Jap and proton drive.
I am from KL, thanks for the invitation, I am not free this Friday.

cars ....

I'm an owner of e46 328i. My comments,

1. bmw is a fantastic ride.

2. Your sound 'tung' is not normal actually. My ride also have the same problem. You can hear the sound loudly behind (the boot area) when slowing the car or reaching the traffic lights. Actually is the gear box problem. Specifically, gear box body valve. Rebuilding the gearbox is not recommended as the problem will come back. As my mechanic told me, search for a 2nd gear box. Cost ? Around 7K.

3. bmw is a fantastic ride.

4. bmw is a fantastic ride.

5. bmw is a fantastic ride.

dumeort, wow! Change gear box, sound really serious, but 7k for a 2nd hand gear box not so expansive. You mean E46 318, 320, 325, 328 all using same gearbox?

tamade7, what M52 and M54 stand for?

kalau ada family, estima gua punya choice! value for money... provided it's a sharp nose model.

well, about the price you must repair where u fix. Kedai potong kereta cost around 6k. But u need expert to find for u. I know one. So 7k lor ...

Actually it's not big problem for the sound like that. Open the speaker louder will solve the problem temporary . The gear function normally i believe. So use it until 'koyak'.

Hi dumeort, I think I am going for a 328 instead, no more 320, a friend offer me a very good price (irresistible) for year 2000. Driven it, it is fun! Now is sorting out the payment.

good for you ... perhaps you would tell me the 'good price' u have there ...

p.s remember, roadtax rm 1600++

It is 90k +, car is in good condition. No need repair unless I want to repaint which I think I can do it later, I need to spend one weekend to clay, polish and wax to restore the shine.
I gone through the E46 maintenance, and I almost felt off my chair when I saw you repair bill for air bag light comes on, RM10k+ holly cow!
Road tax is not a worry, the maintenance bill will be.
By the way I saw most of you using full sync Castrol Edge 5/40, is it advisable to use 10/30 group III (Dino) engine oil. I got a lot left from my old car.

I don't think you should use Dino oil bro, the viscosity specs doesn't seems to be the correct 1 for the car. Try using the correct spec 5W 40, brand wise is ok... play safe :)

Top Bottom