Blueprinting

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Kingrat

Club Guest
Check this website out :-http://www.powerzone.com.my/index_eng.htmBasically I was looking for someone to open up and clean my whole engine once again, and these guys have that service. They call it 'Blue Printing'.For the 96 e36 318i, they estimate the cost to run about rm5-6k, with 10 working days to 're-brand new' the car's engine back to specs.

anyone doen this before? i'm looking for a similar service to blue print an M44 engine when i find one...

went thru their site, they've also got extractors etc...hmm..thats interesting ... hehhe.. now i wonder if they have one for my old M40 clunker..:)

Blueprinting is so much more than that!

Engineers haves to disassemble your entire engine and weigh and balance each individual component. The trick is that, components that are not perfectly balanced and or not weigh according to spec are machined/grinded/CNC'ed/whatever till they are.

That, more or less, is blueprinting. Ie. making sure each and every component is to spec.

Its more than just balancing .... ITs also to ensure all the tolerances are within the given specifications by the manufacturer. Since our cars are mass produced, the tolerances are much higher and inconsistency in performance sets in. For instance, certain cars seemed more powerful even though its of similar model, year manufactured and so forth.

Blue printing will ensure all the tolerances are to the minimum. For instance the gap between the crankshaft and the crankshaft bearings, conrod and conrod bearings and so forth. Basically its a lot of hard work :) I have used their services before to balance my engine's crankshaft. Nice people and very professional in their job! :)

yup...heard tht powewrzone does do a reasonably good job with their engineering work so it would be interesting....
do keep us posted dude....

Top Bottom