Black Paint for E36

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Crymson

Club Guest
Hey all ... Yesterday some idiot made a "punch dent" on my rear left pillar. Lucky not deep. Don't know why, didn't block anyone. Anyway because of this (also good time to do up other things), I'm thinking of repaint my car. Currently it's black (as you can see from my signature below) but I don't know which paint. Which black paint will make the car look elegant but garang. 1) Carbon Black Metallic (416)2) Jet Black (668)3) Black Sapphire Metallic (475) Can you tell me the diffence? Will welcome suggestion of other black color from other continental make. Tq

Crymson;368847 said:
Hey all ...

Yesterday some idiot made a "punch dent" on my rear left pillar. Lucky not deep. Don't know why, didn't block anyone. Anyway because of this (also good time to do up other things), I'm thinking of repaint my car. Currently it's black (as you can see from my signature below) but I don't know which paint. Which black paint will make the car look elegant but garang.

1) Carbon Black Metallic (416)
2) Jet Black (668)
3) Black Sapphire Metallic (475)

Can you tell me the diffence? Will welcome suggestion of other black color from other continental make. Tq

Sorry for yr car. Some people just dun understand people hard earned. It's better change color if u want to repaint whole car, or just touch up if maintain same color. another thing get some bodykit or antyhing that need painting 1st before send for spraying.

The metallic paint options usually look very garang especially with shiny rims. Jet black just looks like empty space. No definition.

cHeMiCaL_;369147 said:
carbon metallic black is actually more like purple blue..

Really? Then this color must be on my car now.

Anyone know about black sapphire?

InitialM
Yea, I'd probably do that and get some kit for the front and rear bumper and maybe rear spoiler.

Van1ty;368957 said:
The metallic paint options usually look very garang especially with shiny rims. Jet black just looks like empty space. No definition.

Why look like empty space? Is this color pure black?

These two BMWs are in Jet Black. To me, jet black is very murky:

s50214192.jpg

Bimmer1097121917.jpg

Compare that colour to one of the E36 M3 factory colours, Cosmos Black:

jonsibal_GTS_Hood09_001.jpg

Van1ty;369288 said:
Compare that colour to one of the E36 M3 factory colours, Cosmos Black:

jonsibal_GTS_Hood09_001.jpg

:top: Thanks van1ty. I think I found my new color ... the Cosmos Black. Btw, do you know the color code?

initialM;369536 said:
Why dun you do widebody oso before paint it cosmos black:top:

That's true. If you have any other body mods you plan on doing, do these first before you paint, so you won't have to have the problem of matching colours later.
And I also think 303 is the colour code.

Top Bottom