Beware of a boar crossing at PLUS Highway

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Cipher

Club Guest
OK, I've heard this story two times. One, a few years back. My friend told me that on his way to Johor (from KL), he "encountered" a boar crossing down the highway at Seremban - Pedas / Linggi. At first, I didn't really trust what he said because he likes to exaggerate stories (plus, he's famous for his fake stories). But last night, my GF is on her way to Melaka (from KL too). Approximately 1940, while cruising at 110 km/h she encountered a boar crossing the highway! She's on the fast lane and barely managed to avoid that boar. The car behind her nearly hit it. I don't have any freaking idea how the hell the boar managed to cross the other side of the highway and get there. I thank God she made home safely yesterday. Just imagine what would happened if she's at 200km/h? I'd rather not to think about it. Be more cautious when driving at night. Who would've expected a boar in a clear way highway?

Aiyaa... big owl, size of a full grown chicken doing low fly-by at our windscreen height across PLUS highway is also a frequent sight la.. its like "now u dun see it, now U DO!!!" :eek:

Its like the Almighty mother nature playing Russian Roulette with us.. no worries, it may seem like luck to us but victims are chosen for a reason... the Chosen One!

So be GOOD! if you dowan an owl end up in one of your seats or a boar in your radiator..

About 5 years back, a big bird, size of a kampung chicken slammed into the front windscreen of my E36 while I was doing 110km/h on the PLUS highway (somewhere near Tanjung Malim). The bird was flying towards me (so impact must have been >110km/h). Luckily the bird bounced off, with no damage to windscreen, except for a large smear of some kind of liquid (bird poo??). Didn't see the bird on the ground behind me so I guess it survived the impact.

Traveler;494293 said:
About 5 years back, a big bird, size of a kampung chicken slammed into the front windscreen of my E36 while I was doing 110km/h on the PLUS highway (somewhere near Tanjung Malim). The bird was flying towards me (so impact must have been >110km/h). Luckily the bird bounced off, with no damage to windscreen, except for a large smear of some kind of liquid (bird poo??). Didn't see the bird on the ground behind me so I guess it survived the impact.

:listen:...at >110kph ....head-on some more ....only hulk & superman can survive the impact .... btw, the liquid is not poo ...its urinee.....:):):):):eek::eek:

Traveler;494293 said:

try slamming a car at that speed...see if shit happens...LOL !!

dzuljazz2001;494295 said:
:listen:...at >110kph ....head-on some more ....only hulk & superman can survive the impact .... btw, the liquid is not poo ...its urinee.....:):):):):eek::eek:

Eeewww... I must have used up about 1/3 of my windscreen washer fluid to wash off the liquid. Scared everyone in the car.:eek:

Hehe tropical country with lots of floras and faunas.. last time me and my cousin hit a wild boar on his Vios at Pasir Gudang left a big scratch and slight dent on the bumper,the bulu also there..guess what the next day i kena 4 k babi hutan number haha...

So maybe i was the Chosen One that time hehe..

I have a friend who hit a fully grown wild boar in the middle of the night, dark empty dual lane road, he was doing about 70km/h in his Satria when it jumped out of the bushes right in front of him. He managed to hit the brakes on reflex, but carried maybe 50-60km/h into the boar, and there was moderate damage to his bumper and bonnet. It was enough to bend bonnet metal, and as much as you may say stuff about P1 cars, the boar did apparently hurtle through the air for a few metres, promptly get up, look around in a dazed fashion, and scuttle off into the bush pretty much unharmed.

From this, we can derive that wild boar > Satrias.

Haha... there u go... a hint for you to buy 4D.. :24:

Tg Malim has a lot of oil palms and a lot of rats fed on the oil palm fruits.. so the planter rare snakes and owls to take care of the rodents.. the natural way to save on pesticides..

The owl that I saw was around the same stretch on PLUS.. the way they flap their wings, flying as fast as a kid pushes bicycle, across the highway.. real ball shrunk experience as there nothing much u can do, even at 140kph.. :eek:

Yeah..wild animals do cross the roads besides chickens:proud:. Had my fair share of these incidents from wild boars and goats in the highway.

Once hit headon with a kerbau along the coastal roads towards Kuala Selangor, kangaroo bar bengkok, both headlights were smashed and bumpers crushed the kerbau just stood up and walked across to the otherside of the field with a slight limp, even ran over a python in Rawang, luckily both times was in a 4x4.

Top Bottom