AUTODETAILER

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wkwoo69

Club Guest
Friend's (Darren aka macdude in this forum) center featured in AW: http://www.autoworld.com.my/emzine/review/...d=RT.ATC.CAR.FSI popped by earlier today to say hello, and he and his boys and girls were dead busy. Lots of pre-CNY customers, as with most car-related shops right now. One chap brought his E60 and Nissan Murano (SUV, very nice looking, guess its a RX300 competitor) for a detailing job. There was also a completed current A4 1.8T with about 500 kms on the clock. Very, very gorgeous rock solid interior. Darren's done the complete overhaul on my ride. By complete, I mean sanding.Full write-up with pics to come...

Before no. 3. Check out the strut bar closely. Lesson learnt: don't assume a 325i bar will fit properly. It won't. The M52 manifold sits higher. Good excuse to change to an M50 intake?! :D :D

..results again. Note the sharpness of the reflection. Note also how blue carbonblack metallic actually is. The deep scratches (cat? dirty wash cloth?) on the driver's side of the bonnet are gone. Didn't think those scratches (its not so clear in the before pic above, but some other members have seen them before) could have been rectified without painting....

nice-nice.... can PM me the price-ar? My car is also due for detailing already.

BTW, note the Benz sport coupe in the background of the first pic. I have never seen how much damage poor workmanship can cause. The entire car was covered with really, really deep swirl marks and a lot of the paint was burnt. Darren handled the rectification. I think it was sanded down too. Pay peanuts at some joints, you'll get monkeys...

c-square, I think its best you for you to discuss directly with Darren. His contact details should be posted at the AW article.

Better still, swing by (make sure he's there first by calling ahead), have a chat, check out his equipment, knowledge, talk to other customers, etc. and move from there. There's only so much you can find out over the phone.

Wow!

Most impressive was the engine bay. Looks like fresh out of the factory!

No wonder u won't bring it to the Sepang track day... don't blame you. One lap, and it's dirty again...

Its probably dirty again now anyway! The E36 lets in too much outside air, prob from the kidneys. It doesn't help that my work commute brings me past construction sites.

I can't make it cos will be overseas. In any case, I don't mind getting the car completely dirty if there's track time involved!

Top Bottom