ATF flush for E34

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Newer BMWs claims NEVER to need flushing but I beg to differ. I would think once in 2 years is fine. May drag it to 3 years if you clock less milage in the car. Remember to change the filter, small magnet (that attracts iron filings in the oil pan and its gasket when they changes the tranny oil filter inside the unit.

If you took a look inside the tranny, that thing looks like the bottom of a spaceship!. Strange looking bumps and connections. But it all works.

Oh..btw, just wondering whether need total flushing or just change the fluid for e39?! :D

sAmPhOy,

Check this www.autochild.com.

if your e39 mileage is 100K, I recomend you to do the flushing,

as what E34EuroTouring say 'Newer BMWs claims NEVER to need flushing but I beg to differ'. I think what BMW claim 'lifetime' is as the number of service you have to do according to the BMW Service Booklet. ....5 years ? or 200K km ?

YAzid

Quick field report:

Finally flushed out the ATF at Heritage last Saturday. Took William's boys around 1.5 hours for the whole process.

Auto trans filter and gasket changed and added 8L of new ATF added.

Total damage is around RM350 incl. labour.

cheers

Originally posted by huattie@Jan 3 2006, 12:19 PM
Quick field report:

Finally flushed out the ATF at Heritage last Saturday. Took William's boys around 1.5 hours for the whole process.

Auto trans filter and gasket changed and added 8L of new ATF added.

Total damage is around RM350 incl. labour.

cheers
Hmm, this is very cheap. Did they do a proper flush and use the correct ATF oil?

Well, I trust William's judgement. I saw them draining the ATF from the undercarriage. Yap did a test run after the ATF change.

They claimed there's two type, of course expensive and cheaper one.
I opted for expensive

Mr.Crusher,

What car & model are you driving lah.., can you or not update your profile... :aggressive: :aggressive:

Thanks... :D :D

*ada bunyi macam moderator tak?? hehe..

I used the cheap one considering my Blue tank is already 10 years old.

I'm adopting the "change more often" strategy.

Originally posted by wan520i@Jan 20 2006, 08:21 AM
Mr.Crusher,

What car & model are you driving lah.., can you or not update your profile... :aggressive: :aggressive:

Thanks... :D :D

*ada bunyi macam moderator tak?? hehe..
I'm driving an old , looks good , e34 :lol:

Top Bottom