Arm Rest

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmw7833

Club Guest
I thk many e39er got this problem..The arm rest (show in pic below) handle face decolor coz we pull up and down the arm rest to store small stuff. Got any idea or sticker to cover the decolor face??View attachment 2137

Dismantle the parts, then get a 600 wet and dry sand paper and rub off the faded rubber coating on the handle. clean the part with some solvent be it turpentine or thinner, then proceed with a a coat of primer to prep the bare metal for painting.

you may use any brand SATIN black aerosol spray paint on it, DONT get a high gloss black or it will look out of place... do a few coats but make sure you flash dry them in between for at least 15 minutes.

for the original feel and texture, you can alternate your spray strength or paint droplets with slight manipulation of the spray distance

have fun DIYing

Wahh..so leceh ler..Anybody know who can do this in JB area? Since i dun have this kind of craft..:eek:

bmw7833;224926 said:
Wahh..so leceh ler..Anybody know who can do this in JB area? Since i dun have this kind of craft..:eek:

Just rub away the black coat by your finger. Make sure you wet the surface first or use thinner. No repainting needed because the original surface is already black and shine. This what I did. ;)

bmw7833;224827 said:
I thk many e39er got this problem..The arm rest (show in pic below) handle face decolor coz we pull up and down the arm rest to store small stuff.

Got any idea or sticker to cover the decolor face??

View attachment 2137

dude

I got the same problem. Must be due to heat too or something.

Another problem is that my volume control on the dash has kinda melted and feels like a marshmellow. hummm.... So if drive old BMW, dont park it in the sun. After a while , kereta also melt!!!!

opp;225739 said:
dude

I got the same problem. Must be due to heat too or something.

Another problem is that my volume control on the dash has kinda melted and feels like a marshmellow. hummm.... So if drive old BMW, dont park it in the sun. After a while , kereta also melt!!!!

hahahh..marshmellow volume contro..:D :D

So u juz leave the decolor arm rest in ur car?

bmw7833;224926 said:

aiyo.. "pak leh" if thats the case, you can always get a accessory shop to do it for you. not sure about their pricing though., so do be careful of ya neck when you go there as they might just offer you a cut throat price when you go in with ya 5er..

Top Bottom